“Good Appetizers - Service Unappetizing”
Review of Green Iguana Bar & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Green Iguana Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We decided to sit at the "almost outside" bar area. When we sat down at the bar, there were 3 bartenders and 18 customers. We waited TEN MINUTES! to order a drink! We were totally ignored by all three bartenders until a fourth came on duty who immediately recognized our frustration and served us. As it turned out we could count six bartenders and Steve was the only one who smiled at customers not counting the playboy bartender who flirted with the female customers. On the only bright note we did order appetizers which were very good (crab Rangoon and boneless chicken wings). Although we had intended to eat there afterwards, we decided not to reward the establishment any further after such terrible service. We did inform the assistant manager about the way their bartenders behaved but she didn't seem to care that much either. That pretty much tells you about their professionalism. Buyer beware.

Mike F, Manager at Green Iguana Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry to hear you were unimpressed with the service. Customer service is of the highest importance to us and I'm glad you brought this to my attention. Thank you for the feedback. I do hope you give us another shot sometime.

Cheers!

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

After being seated by the hostest our waitress came quickly to take our order. She rushed us through the process so she could attend to her table outside. Other waitresses had to refill our drinks, I ordered beans and rice and she forgot to put in the beans. I had to ask for mayo 4 times. I had to go find her to obtain napkins for the table. She forgot to put my son's food order in and after it was brought to the table she never came back. Another waitress was stopped and happily brought us our check. I spoke with the general manager and he appeared uninterested in my complaints of poor service. Although the food was ok I would take my business else where.

Mike F, Owner at Green Iguana Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Hi Monique,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Customer service is of the utmost importance to us. Please know that this will be addressed and I hope you do choose to give us another shot sometime.

Take care!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I could'nt find the airport green iguana, so i'll just use this one instead. We had the huge Sam Adams 22oz octoberfests...i want those glasses! We were waiting for our flight, so he just split the mojo pork sliders...WOW they were awesome. Fries were hot and fresh and beer was ice cold. The guy next to us ordered the wings and he said they were delicious. We had a great experience and good food. Cant say anything bad about like the other reviews. We'll go back to a closer location next time :) Staff was friendly too.

1  Thank MustLoveCats03
Mike F, Manager at Green Iguana Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

After the hostess sat us down at a dirty table and then forgot to come back and clean it, it then took awhile for the waitress to come and at least take our drink order. I have to give her credit, once she came over she was a good waitress from that point on. This was our 2nd time to this place, on Anderson rd. Both times it was not busy at all. We ordered 2 salads. While we were waiting for them to catch the tuna for my husbands salad we had a chance to observe our surroundings. Very dirty overall. Needs a good updating and cleaning. They had hanging plants that were dead, light bulbs out, holes in the tiki roof, just an overall look of a dated restaurant. It took to long for our salads to come out but it was at least good. My husband ordered a drink, which was a joke. Not worth the $6. Should of just ordered a bottle of beer. We most likely won't be coming back unless they remodeled as we gave them 2 chances already and that's my limit. As there are to many other choices

1  Thank darlynnski

Hello there. I want to sincerely apologize for the experience you had on your last visit. We take customer service seriously and are always making improvements for our customers. Thank you for the feedback and I hope you give us another chance one day!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

This is the Green Iguana on Dale Mabry. I stopped in after watching some Spring Training. Unlike the other review, I had no problems with the Security people. I remember the old original Green Iguana from some years ago and I thought the original was more lively than this one. Still, the service was decent, the prices were OK for what you get and the food was good enough standard Florida bar food. I would go there again if I was in the neighborhood, but I wouldn't make a special trip.

2  Thank TommyBoy94

Hey there, the next time you are in town, we'd love to have you at one of our other locations!