“Very good chow”

Royal Sweets
Ranked #1,465 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I love Indian food and this is a great place to eat if your a vegetarian and I'm not but the chow was great!! I had the buffet and it was excellent and fresh food with lots of selections.

2  Thank Flordagirl

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've been to this place several times. Service has always been bad because they do no have enough people working and don't communicate well with customers. Food has been pretty good until the last time I went.

First their buffet did not have Samosa or gulab jamun and they usually have these items, especially on weekends which is when I was there. Second they advertised a lunch special, but when I ordered it they said that this was only available on Monday, but nowhere was it stated on the advertisement.

So we ordered two samosas for me and a masala dosha for my wife. As she was eating she noticed a bug in her masala dosha. This was a small dead bug that is commonly found in the raw flour used to make the dosha but these bugs should removed during processing and in no way should end up in the final product.

Anyway we ended up letting the person behind the register know and she went and told the manager in the back. We asked to be reimbursed for the meal and get something on top. The manager never came out and spoke with us. Instead, the employee kept going back and forth between the manager and us trying to resolve the issue which was quite awkward. In the end they offered only to refund the entire purchase price which we went with since my wife no longer had an appetite. Nowhere during this entire back and forth did we ever get an apology. Instead it seemed that we were inconveniencing them by pointing out the problem. They did not care for our business at all.

I'm not sure if I'll ever go back there. They should do a far better job with their customer service and, oh, by the way, MAKE SURE THAT BUGS DON'T END UP IN THE FOOD!

2  Thank Quadx
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is great place for excellent vegetarian food, besides sweets. They offer a variety of items for the price they charge which is really a bargain. The place is very clean and neat. They have
flat panel televisions that provide the Indian shows and music.They have ala carte and buffett,
thus offering a choice to economy minded patrons.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This people sell mainly Chat and sweets. Sweet quality is good and seems fresh. There samosa taste is very great just like available in India. I have done catering with them also for Diwali Party at my office and it was perfectly great. But after that friend of mine catered with them for his daughter's birthday party but it was not as good as the office one.I have tried there buffet and I was happy with that but dont go in weekdays.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

They mainly serve basic food and more sweets. Customer Service is poor as compared to others. Would not go again.

1  Thank findmeinusa

Been to Royal Sweets? Share your experiences!