“Addicted to Taco Bus!!!!”
Review of Taco Bus

Taco Bus
Ranked #115 of 2,405 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Tampa, Florida
“Addicted to Taco Bus!!!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Being from California i no and Love Mexican Food. I decided to try this place out and ive been back a few times since its good but not Great..., There Horchata is delishhhh.... The carne asada burrito is okay I dont like there Rice or Refried Beans they taste like there out of a can .. But i will be back there its decent for Drunk Food or if you are not familiar with Authentic mexican food;) Or if your a tourist!!!

Clearwater, Florida
“Viva Taco Bus”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I finally made it to Taco Bus to find out if the rave was true about this renown restaurant. Did it live up to the reputation.....? Close. Authentic indeed. The comino really comes out. The flavor is very good and is not what you would normally get at a typical Mexican restaurant. They didn't smother the food with cheeze wiz. The cost was not expensive nor was it cheap. The portions were average. We also had the campanchana and I have had better. The shrimp was canned and the sauce watery. I wouldn't order it again. Taco Bus is also open late. This makes it ideal for a late night stop after Busch Gardens. Would I go out of my way to eat there again? No. If I was in the neighborhood, yes. It's not to die for, just a good no frills good Mexican taco stand.

Atlanta, Georgia
“love taco bus”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

the food is awesome, had the pork and it melted in my mouth, I learned about this place from my Latino friends and they know good Latin food so this was a good find

• Visited February 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

great food good service got to love the over all look of the place. wish they made the tortillas from scratch. i like the one on Hillsborough far better then the down town location

Visited March 2013
Pepperell, Massachusetts
“Fun place to eat - Open 24/7!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Traveling to Tampa on Jet Blue we were watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. The Taco Bus was featured on one of the episodes. Driving from Tampa to Gainesville we pasted the Taco Bus and had to stop for dinner. There are 4 locations of the Taco Bus. We first stopped at the original which is open 24/7. Upon arriving there was plenty of parking. At this location there were a few actual school buses parked where the food is ordered and served from. There is a covered seating area as well as a building with restrooms. The menu was very interesting. You first picked what kind of meal you would like (taco, burrito, quesadilla, tostada, etc). Then you chose your fillings (and they have very interesting filling including butternut squash which was great). Filling choices include seafood, meat and veggie. Then you chose the toppings (tomatoes, onions, etc). To finish order your beverage. They offer an assortment of homemade fresh flavored water. This is not the kind you buy in the store. We ordered the pineapple water and the tamarind water. WOW. The best water I have ever had!! It is made from fresh fruit. You must try this! I have since made the pineapple water at home it was so good. They also serve beer. We also eat at the St Petersburg location and that is where I saw people drinking beer so I am not sure if beer is available at all locations. The food is good, the atmosphere is great and the service is wonderful. As I mentioned we liked it so much we also visited the St Petersburg location as well during our trip and it was just as nice and just as good.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Taco Bus? Share your experiences!