“love taco bus”

Ranked #154 of 2,447 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I first noticed taco bus driving down Hillsboro and was intrigued. The food is yummy and if you need fresh tamales...8 am on a Saturday is the best time. They also serve menudo on weekend mornings which I haven't . the food is yummmm

Reviewed January 23, 2013

There is little that I can say negatively about this restaurant chain! Food is cheap, quickly delivered, and most importantly, delicious!! ANYONE who comes to visit me in Tampa gets taken to Taco Bus! The only reason I felt like I couldn't give 5* is since this is a limited restaurant (order at counter, food delivered), so no waiter service etc.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My girlfriends and I had a girl’s weekend in Tampa. We went on a Tampa Ghost Tour which met by the Taco Bus. We decided after the tour we would try the Taco Bus since it is different from anything we have at home. I got the chicken taco. You get a lot of cheese, extra charge. The chicken had a wonderful flavor. It came with cilantro and lime. These two items made the taste even better. I highly recommend stopping and checking this place out.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Love this restaurant. We take all of our out-of-town guests here (the original location on Hillsborough) to experience both the atmosphere of the "bus kitchen" and the authentic Mexican street food. It's the best casual Mexican meal in town - cooked to order and served in generous portions. The sauces, both red and green, allow you to spice up your food to whatever heat level you desire. Taco, burrito and mole dishes are great, but the spicy peel and eat shrimp are fantastic - even non-Mexican food lovers enjoy them. The food is fresh, consistently good and loaded with fresh cilantro and other "salad" veggies. Prices are resasonable and the atmosphere is festive, relaxed and informal. Eating there is truly a unique experience, topped off by being able to wash up in a sink that has replaced the bus's former front end!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went to the one by Tampa PD and the municipal building. Got there at 11:50am and was able to get our order in within 3 minutes. Sat down and then the line was out the door! They also have an outside ordering window for to-go orders.
Ordered El Plato with the daily meat. The meat (some kind of pork) tasted fresh and it went really well with their rice, beans, and taco vegetables on the 4 flour tortillas. It was the perfect size and tasted really good. And it was just under $9. We would return again next time!