“Best authentic Mexican food in Tampa!”
Review of Taco Bus

Taco Bus
Ranked #160 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I lived in tampa for a year when i attended school there. I was craving mexican food, something really good but I couldn't find anything. I looked on yelp (this was before my trip advisor days) and I saw some good reviews for Taco Bus in my area. I had heard people at my school talk about it all the time so I thought why not give it a shot. The first time I went I was a bit iffy. It looked like a rundown building and I was new to the area so I was not risking anything. Ultimately I did not go. About a month or so later one of my classmates told me that they were going to go there and they have the best food..i thought why not give it a try. I went and my mouth fell in love!!!!!!!!
Literally it was the best food experience I had while i lived in Tampa!!!! The best things they have are the oversized burritos! Im in love with the Steak/Chicken Tostadas!!! Yum...Their Shrimp tacos are ok (im not that big of a fan for seafood type of tacos) But the shrimp was very plump and delicious! Now my FAVORITE thing was to go on saturdays and get the CHICKEN TAMALES! OMG! YES! *drool* it is the best thing to order there!.....

Im a very picky eater and if i love this place im sure you will too. I even follow them on twitter lol! I wish they would move up to maryland.....<3

The best Part is that they're open 24/7!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

We ordered 4 tacos, 2 different kinds. My husband got his first, I had to ask a server for my 3 times. I will say they were good because you could tell the ingredients were fresh, but there wasn't much in them. Thought they were pricey for what you got and quiet frankly, I'd go to Taco Bell! Now someone has told me the one in Tampa is better.

1  Thank natnpr
Reviewed February 21, 2012

OK. so the decor is not all that & the ambiance is nothing special. However, if you want some slamming tacos ... or anything Mexican, this is the spot. The best part is that it is open 24 hours. This allows the drunks leaving the bars & clubs at 3 in the morning to get some good fried food in their guts.

The food is great. It seems like there are long lines anytime I go. The most recent time, I took the Mrs (who had never been). She loved it. She got a chicken tamale & I got my usual carne asada torta. Mmmmmm.

All walks of life love these stinking tacos. It's off the corner of Nebraska ave & Hillsborough Ave .. just east of the intersection on Hillsborough Ave on the east bound side of the street. My only knock is that the service is not the greatest. You gotta order out of the side of the bus (yes it is actually a bus). then they bring your food to you where you are seated OR they bring you your bag if you ordered take out.

If you want just a salad ..... go somewhere else. VIVA EL TACO BUS.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

LIKE NO OTHER.....YUMMY . A little hard to find tucked away behind the advanced auto parts.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Enjoy the St Pete and downtown Tampa locations more than the Hillsborough one.

Been to Taco Bus? Share your experiences!