“Wednesday Night - dinner with colleagues”
Review of German Bistro - CLOSED

German Bistro
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

4 of us went after a long day at the office. We brought our own beer and wine. Wurst plate appetizer was outstanding - high quality sausage. We each got a different schnitzel and everyone loved it. The homemade desserts were top notch - A. Struedel and B.F. Cake. The server was super pleasant and friendly. Homey feel, owner/cook in back is from Germany (so I was told). All in all a great value for money and we'll be back. Thanks.

1  Thank Ed B
There are newer reviews for German Bistro

Reviewed October 5, 2012

They give away FREE Beer to go along with wonderful German fare. We enjoyed the hostess/waitress she was completely delightful. The food was above average quality for anywhere besides Germany itself. Couldn't rave more about this place.

1  Thank pwife9819
Reviewed September 24, 2012

German food comes to South Tampa. I've been eating at the German Bistro since they opened their doors in June of 2010. The food is fantastic and the prices reasonable. The owners and staff are extremely friendly and make you feel at home from the time you walk through the door. The German music in the background leaves me longing for my childhood days spent at Grandma's house and the aroma coming from the kitchen just reinforces the memories.

Although I usually order the Jaegerschnitzel, Bratwurst or Knockwurst, the Rouladen, Leberkaes and Schweinsbraten are especially good. Their sauerkraut is to die for! I think they somehow got my Grandmother's recipe for their German potato salad as it is right on the mark.

A wonderful eating experience in all and I will continue to frequent this establishment as I never tire of delicious German food.

1  Thank ressd
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was meeting a friend in Tampa and he suggested this place for lunch because he loves German Food and wanted me to try it. . Now to be honest I have eaten at other German Theme Park type places in Tampa and Orlando with the music and the dress and all the other trivial accoutrements to make you feel like it's Germanesque.

This place has real German food the way it was made when I was overseas and sampled the local dishes. My lunch was a simple platter of three brautwursts, sauerkraut, warm potato salad, a cold beer and apple strudel for desert. a side of coleslaw in horseradish really reminded me of some good times. a Pauli Girl dark beer made the meal with real spicy mustard and the apple strudel was to die for. Short of licking the plate, the food was grand. Simple and grand.

Looking around at the other tables to sample what they were having was like being at a party since everyone regardless of what they had ordered had nothing but great accolades for the food.

Family run, it's small place seating maybe 50 or so and on South MacDill, fairly close to the base. It's nothing really fancy and Tuxedos probably not permitted but don't let it fool you. This place is all about the food and that what I write about. I like the individual family owned places that make cleanliness and good food the cornerstone of their business. service was above and beyond and we had a great time.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Great food! Hours in Largo are Monday-Friday 11:00 am- 9:00 pm, Saturday 4:00 pm- 9:00 pm. Closed Sunday. Schnitzel Wiener 9.95. You can't beat the price and with the new location makes it even easier to get great German food. Both are GREAT!

1  Thank Jennifer N