“Little bit of Bavaria here in Tampa”
Review of German Bistro - CLOSED

German Bistro
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Recently revisited this wonderful German restaurant with our son and his wife. This is their favorite German restaurant, they live in Savannah, GA, and say it is worth the 7 hour drive to Tampa just to eat here. Schnitzel, like all their food is piping hot and made to order. Try to save room for apple strudel (it is a large portion and can easily be shared). Oh, and enjoy the German beer with your meal, it is 'on the house'.

Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying that our entire bill was 33.00. We couldn't believe it. Our beer was free and the food was the best German food I've had since moving to Florida. We have tried all the other German places on this site and this place is great. The Wine Cellar is second however, the bill for us is usually 80.00. We had a lovely time. The server was very funny. We left 50.00 because the meal was worth at least that price. Make the trip! We may be going back today. It was that good. Loved the potato salad.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I have been here twice and love it. The food is very traditional, and it is German owned. Both of us have German heritage. This restaurant is not fancy, but it is romantic just the same. It is so nice to go somewhere that doesn't have TV's on the wall and blaring pop music. The food is excellent, and the servers are always so nice. If you've never had German food give this place a try- it really is the best in Tampa Bay.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Had the bratwurst and great people but prepare for Euro speed the food very fresh because there is little food waiting under a hot lamp. Go if you ever wanted to try authentic German food (Bavarian I gather).

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We recently visited the German Bistro and it was some of the best German food I've had - and I spent 6-1/2 yrs in Germany. My husband had the Jagerschnitzel and I had the Kasespatzle. I had never had this dish before, but it was delicious. It was noodles with cheese, onions and bacon (bacon was optional). A small dish of German potato salad, coleslaw and bread was brought out complimentary. The french fries tasted just as I remember them in Germany - yummy! All food is made on site. We had the apple strudel for dessert which was delicious. This is near MacDill AFB so it is great for military personnel who have been stationed in Germany and miss that great food!