“Not my table”

Tahitian Inn Restaurant
Ranked #466 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Party of 5 went for Breakfast at the restaurant – lived in Tampa for over 30 years and had never gone there. So we tried. Mistake. Seated a few minutes after arriving, we sat at the table for 30 minutes and no one came to the table – I got up ask asked if we were in “someone’s” station and I was told by that server, “that’s not my station” and walked away. I asked someone else and she said, “we are too busy you will have to wait” – Found a third person and she came to the table and took drink orders. When she came with the coffee she served us very small coffee cups – we were told there is nothing clean – also she had to go find spoons, also told there were none clean. I got up again and found the manager – he said they are “very busy and you will have to wait to get silverware and service.” Finally after almost 50 minutes we ordered food. Coffee was never refilled, so I went up and got the coffee carafe and poured our own coffee. Food arrived – tasted okay, nothing really special. But we had no silverware, asked the busboy and 3 servers and finally got something to eat with. The server told us at the end of the meal that the food was comp’d but that really was not the point. If you can not handle being busy then you need to re-evaluate your procedures and your staff. Very Poor.

There are newer reviews for Tahitian Inn Restaurant

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our waitress was also the hostess. She couldn't shut her mouth. People that were seated after us had their food before us. She would stop what she was doing to go and seat people. VERY ANNOYING.
Make sure you don't have the hostess/waitress as your server.
The food was good.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Tahitian Inn and visited the cafe. The cafe has a nice little bar with a friendly lady bar tender.The breakfast we had was plentiful and the waitress attentive.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We decided to just have breakfast at the Tahitian Inn since most places can provide you with a decent breakfast like eggs or pancakes or biscuits & gravy. Well we should have gone somewhere - anywhere - else as the food was marginal at best. My wife had to send her biscuits & gravy back as it was not at all warm, much less hot. My eggs were tolerable but country potatoes were downright unappealing. On top of that, the prices are outrageous. We should have made the effort to go out somewhere. Lesson learned...

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I used to eat lunch/breakfast here most weekends. It was our favorite - very consistent with excellent food and service. We loved sitting outside next to the pond and waterfall. It was just Lovely. However, little by little the service and food have just gone downhill. It is no longer our first choice. We have had four poor experiences now, but kept going back hoping they would get their act together. This past weekend was probably the last straw. Lunchtime on Sunday - the place was busy but not overly crowded. (one sign as you used to have to wait in line on Saturday or Sunday). The table next to us left in disgust after waiting for over an hour for their food after ordering. The waiter assured them that the 'owner's son' would be over to talk to them - however despite coming into the ordering area - he never did come over to speak to them. Our food showed up after 45 minutes - and it wasn't what i ordered. Just a shame to see a longtime landmark lose touch.

Been to Tahitian Inn Restaurant? Share your experiences!