“Amazing Salad!”

Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 2,749 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Twiggs St.
Transit: Bus and Trolley available
Description: The founder and Pizzaiolo, Dan Bavaro spent three years researching, training and traveling throughout the US and Italy to gather his vision and craft of pizza Napoletana. "Our pizza is thin and soft with a slight crisp to the crust while topped with the finest ingredients imported from Italy or locally grown and organic. Our food is an art form, which is prepared with passion as I was taught by fifth generation, Neapolitan families. One teaching the oven and the other pizza Napoletana." In addition to our Neapolitan pizza we have a variety of home-made pastas, soups and desserts which are made fresh on location and from scratch. Our ingredients are either imported from Italy or locally grown and organic.
Reviewed October 14, 2018

I was in Tampa on business, staying at a nearby hotel and found Bavaro's on an app. It was a Tuesday evening and the place was quiet when I arrived. The Salad Verde was amazing, with super-fresh arugula and a wonderful zesty lemon dressing. The Tre Carne pizza was good - it seemed bigger than 12", had a great crunch and as the server had alerted me when I ordered, the Neapolitan style meant that the center of the pizza base was NOT crunchy at all (the server had used the word "watery" in his description). I prefer a thin, crunchy base to my pizza, but I'm not marking it down because Bavaro's style of pizza does not match what I like. The restaurant was more busy when I left, but not full.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We ordered two different paninis (salumi and Pepe/chicken) the meat portion was fair but the flatbread made it the worst panini because it was so very tough and hard to chew. I wished I had read the TA reviews on this location because we would have made a different dining selection at TIA.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Stopped there for a quick bite before a Rays game. Not only do they give you 1/2 off beer and wine if you show them your tickets... but the food is FANTASTIC. They are well staffed and the young head chef is very talented and creative. I had a gluten free pasta with Bolognese sauce that was delicious. My husband had a thin crust brick oven pizza that he enjoyed very much. Nice wine selection, beer as well. I will be definitely be going back!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We visited Bavaro’s for dinner. Everything was absolutely amazing. Pizza was just the right size for two of us and taste was on point.
I wanted to take the time to rave about our server Courtney D. She does an amazing job. She was very prompt and always there to check on us and re-fill our waters. She suggested the Chocolate hazelnut gelato and it was fabulous. Thank you for an amazing evening.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Delicious pizza and Mediterranean salad. 90 seconds in the brick oven pizza and voila! Made reservations for 5pm on a Sunday , by 5:30 the place was packed. Great selection of toppings, great dough & crust. Excellent service.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria? Share your experiences!