“Beautiful Birthday Bash”

Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 2,447 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Twiggs St.
Transit: Bus and Trolley available
Description: The founder and Pizzaiolo, Dan Bavaro spent three years researching, training and traveling throughout the US and Italy to gather his vision and craft of pizza Napoletana. "Our pizza is thin and soft with a slight crisp to the crust while topped with the finest ingredients imported from Italy or locally grown and organic. Our food is an art form, which is prepared with passion as I was taught by fifth generation, Neapolitan families. One teaching the oven and the other pizza Napoletana." In addition to our Neapolitan pizza we have a variety of home-made pastas, soups and desserts which are made fresh on location and from scratch. Our ingredients are either imported from Italy or locally grown and organic.
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We celebrated a friend's birthday at Bavaro's last weekend and had a fabulous experience. I would have given it 5 stars but for two small things. 1) There were 10 of us and our space was pretty cramped. One of our guests had his chair right by the front door and his chair would get bumped whenever patrons entered or exited. This is not a large restaurant so I probably wouldn't come back with a large group again. 2) The service at first was very very slow, it took about 10 minutes to even get a drink order in and our menus. Since we had a reservation, I would have expected a slightly quicker response, especially since the place is so tiny. Now onto the good stuff....

The food was simply fantastic. My husband and I started with one of the antipasto platters (it's HUGE, definitely to be shared among a few people or else it could serve as a meal for one, definitely not an appetizer). For dinner we split the prosciutto pizza which was just divine. This was a first for me - prosciutto on pizza - and I'm a huge fan now. The crust is thin and doughy, and each pizza is about the size of a large dinner plate. Definitely a personal size if you order a pizza as your only food. If you go with appetizers and/or salad, you could split a pizza with one other person.

I really liked the ambiance of the place, it reminded me of the rowhome restaurants back in Baltimore City where we are from - exposed brick walls, hardwood floors, and tiny intimate setting. We really enjoyed our meal and experience, I know my husband and I will be back. This was the first time at this place for 4 out of 5 of the couples and everyone in our party left quite satisfied. I've already recommended this place to other friends and family.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This a great little restaurant in the heart of Tampa. The atmosphere is cozy and romantic. The food was awesome and the service was great! Its a little pricey, but the portions are well worth it. I have only two "issues". The first is that they're very sparse on the bread. You don't get any at your table and they only give you two pieces with your meal. The second is that the homemade gelato, while wonderful, was $6.00 for a small coffee cup full. I would absolutely go back!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The authentic wood-fired oven from Italy set the tone. Staff was attentive and courteous ... but would not release the secret to their fantastic pizza. Crust or homemade sauce? It will remain a mystery for now or until I take a jar of their sauce home with me. One of my favorite restaurants in Tampa's Downtown. RS

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The food was fresh and well prepared at this cozy restaurant. A friendly and attentive staff made the night that much more enjoyable. The atmosphere was relaxed and casual.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stopped here while traveling with my daughter for spring break. Really friendly staff, great food with fresh ingredients and cozy atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

Been to Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria? Share your experiences!