“Fans of Neapolitan pizza, this is your place.”

Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 2,447 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Twiggs St.
Transit: Bus and Trolley available
Description: The founder and Pizzaiolo, Dan Bavaro spent three years researching, training and traveling throughout the US and Italy to gather his vision and craft of pizza Napoletana. "Our pizza is thin and soft with a slight crisp to the crust while topped with the finest ingredients imported from Italy or locally grown and organic. Our food is an art form, which is prepared with passion as I was taught by fifth generation, Neapolitan families. One teaching the oven and the other pizza Napoletana." In addition to our Neapolitan pizza we have a variety of home-made pastas, soups and desserts which are made fresh on location and from scratch. Our ingredients are either imported from Italy or locally grown and organic.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Bavaro's for dinner, after reading online that they made authentic Neapolitan pizza. They sure do. We sat at the bar so we could watch the pizzaiolo work his magic. He is amazing. He has some sort of innate sense of how to keep his woodfire burning at exactly the right temperature (probably 900 degrees) to cook the pizzas in 90 seconds. He used all the right ingredients, and the pizzas were inventive and I must say, perfect. The ambiance is pleasant, they do take reservations should a table be desired, onstreet parking was easy, and the servers are knowledgeable and friendly. If you love real Naples pizza, you will love Bavaro's.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was here on business and wanted to find somewhere near my hotel in downtown. Short and sweet. Excellent service (Now, it was a Tuesday night), the Caprese salad was excellent, and the penne a la vodka was the best I've ever had. Will definitely be back next time in town.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you are in Tampa, do not miss this place!

A group of us were traveling to Tampa to board a cruise ship and I needed to find a place to accommodate all 30 of us for a nice evening of food and drink. After trading a few e-mails and talking to the great staff a couple weeks before, we were all set.

First, this small restaurant is beautiful inside. The 100 year-old brick wall dominates the room but the real focus is the beautiful wood burning pizza oven in the back corner (we would come to find out it's not only beautiful, but cooks some really good pizza).

As we sat down at our tables, our appetizers were being brought out. Bruschetta, antipasto, cheese plates and olives, all nicely presented. It was already obvious that service was going to be friendly and efficient.

After everyone had tasted those excellent appetizers and had a glass of wine or two, we ordered our mains. For us, it was margherita pizza. Having traveled all over Italy, margherita pizza for me is not only my favorite, but also a test of how good a pizzeria is. You can't hide behind anything when all you have is tomato, cheese and basil.

This margherita was at least as good, and I really want to say it was better than anything I've had in Italy. Unbelievable. This is the real deal folks and you should really try it!

Desserts were cannolis and a nutella-stuffed pizza. Both were wonderful but, of the two, the nutella pizza was the standout for me.

Bavaro's is sensational in every way; don't miss it.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I work in downtown Tampa and this is one of my favs. If you're eating in be prepared to wait for your custom pizza. Service can be slow here, but the pizzas are worth it. I wasn't too impressed with the calzones and won't be ordering that again but the pizzas are worth the wait.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went here around 1pm on a Tuesday afternoon. Got seated right away and our food came out about 20-25 minutes after ordering. Pizzas had plenty of their toppings on it and it wasn't thick, so you didn't feel like a beached whale after eating it.

Been to Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria? Share your experiences!