“Best in Tampa”

Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 2,367 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Twiggs St.
Transit: Bus and Trolley available
Description: The founder and Pizzaiolo, Dan Bavaro spent three years researching, training and traveling throughout the US and Italy to gather his vision and craft of pizza Napoletana. "Our pizza is thin and soft with a slight crisp to the crust while topped with the finest ingredients imported from Italy or locally grown and organic. Our food is an art form, which is prepared with passion as I was taught by fifth generation, Neapolitan families. One teaching the oven and the other pizza Napoletana." In addition to our Neapolitan pizza we have a variety of home-made pastas, soups and desserts which are made fresh on location and from scratch. Our ingredients are either imported from Italy or locally grown and organic.
Tampa, Florida
“Best in Tampa”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Best in Tampa for sure. Great quality pizza and homemade pasta.YUM. Must try dessert especially the nutella "pizza" OMG.
Great atmosphere.

• Visited May 2012

Sarasota, Florida
“Great authentic pizza in Tampa!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This place is a great find. It is small - perhaps 15 tables with a few outdoors (weather permitting). The service is personal and they have a real brick oven so the pizza is very traditional - Naples style. The wine list could be better but this is a not a high $$ place - the menu and wine pricing is reasonable.

The location is in downtown Tampa and there isn't much going on in the area if you're not planning to go to the Tampa Theater. So, parking is pretty easy to find.

• Visited March 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice, authentic pizza”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We walked to this restaurant from the hotel for dinner Sunday night. We had a little trouble finding it but it was worth the confusion. Nice menu, indoor/outdoor seating, pet-friendly for outside area, good service. The pizza is wonderful but expect the crust to be very very thin. My husband and I ordered a 12 inch Divola (I believe that's the name of it) and that amounted to six pieces. While it was very tasty we could have eaten more. I would suggest also getting a salad or something else if you are very hungry. Our server was friendly and quick. I would definitely consider a revisit.

• Visited March 2012
Lubbock, TX
“True italian food in Tampa”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We found this place by accident after watching a movie at the Tampa theatre. They were still open after 9:00 pm. I was a little hesitant after looking for a good Italian restaurant in and around Tampa. I am German and have traveled to Italy. This place has a very authentic Italian feel. Small dining room, you basically sit in the kitchen and get to see the wood fire in the oven. Classic rustic feeling, like you are with family, not snobby or formal at all. We had the tagliatelle with ragu bolognese and a pizza funghi. Fresh pasta with a light tomato sauce, lots of very tasty meat, slightly sweet, excellent taste! The pizza had buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil, tasty tomato sauce and fresh mushrooms. The crust is dark, slightly burnt on the outside, thin in the middle and soft like a pita, perfect!!! You may not like this if your idea of Italian food is olive garden and pizza hut or little Ceasar's. I loved it, this is authentic stuff! We also tried the tiramisu. It was very light, the right amount of coffee, no alcohol (which I thought would have been a problem) it was delicious! Better than what I could find in Italy. We also had two glasses of wine and limoncello(house made). Our total bill was less than $60 which I found very appropriate for the quality and quantity of food. I don't write a lot of food reviews here. This place however deserves two thumbs way up and the tripadvisor rating is way too low.

Tampa, Florida
“My favorite place to eat in town.”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This pizza makes me dream about going to Italy, I am a regular customer and am always treated great! Whether I am with my husband or my sister brings the kids, they take good care of us. Warning, they can only cook 2 pizzas at a time so I wouldn't bring a huge group.