“Great happy hour!”

Cross street: Rocky Point Drive
Hewitt
“Great happy hour!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Yes, I know it is a chain, and a pricey one at that, but they have a great happy hour menu in the bar. Three or four items in each of several pricing tiers. We had the calamari to start and it had a good crunchy crust and was accompanied by dipping sauce and some stir fry veggies. My husband had the prime rib sliders (only $6 for three!) and loved them. I had the chicken pita with tzatziki sauce and it was more than enough (also $6.) Adult beverages are well priced too. We had a great server and cloth napkin service. If you just want a small plate of good food in a convenient location this is the place for you.

Swansea, Illinois
“Wow! Excellent food and service. Atmosphere was wonderful as well.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Maybe it is the escape from the cold St Louis winter, or the view of the Bay, or maybe the nice glass of Makers just like I'd pour at home, but this was a wonderful dinner.

Great oysters, good chowder, and a dandy seafood sampler for the main course. Only surprise was the charge for iced tea, but I did order it... just kinda surprised.

I will go back.

• Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Review of Chart House”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Beautiful. Affordable. Fantastic view. The waiters were professional and friendly. Service was top shelf.

Visited January 2014
St Petersburg, FL
“Special Birthday”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We went to the Chart House to celebrate my wife's birthday. I made reservations thru open table.

We arrived early and went to the bar for a drink before dinner. It was happy hour, so we got 2 martinis for 12$. They were very good.

We were seated at a table overlooking the water, and when our server gave us menus, there was a birthday message at the top.

The service was excellent, they noticed we were both wearing black, and immediately change the napkins.

The menu is heavy on seafood, which is why we were there. I ordered lobster bisque for my appetizer and my wife had the fried asparagus. Both were very good.

They had 2 grouper specials, and I ordered one with crab meat and shrimp. My wife ordered the Ahi tuna. We had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand that was very good. They have a good wine list with wines in all price ranges.

We ordered the dessert special, chocolate lava cake, ahead of time and when they brought it, they also brought a piece of pie with a candle in it.

The service was excellent all through the meal and we would definetly go back.

1 Thank OldWorldEurope
Tampa, Florida
“Mixture of great and average food, early bird deals worth it”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

A group of six of us met for Sunday dinner at 5:30. We made reservations because it was snowbird season, but they wouldn't have been necessary. We were there until 7:30, and the restaurant was almost empty.

The wine list is great by the bottle, with 2-3 choices of each variety by the glass. It took a while to get our first round of drinks from the bar, but after that the service was timely. The early bird menu was a great value, with most entrees listed for $19.99, including soup or salad, and a full-sized dessert.

The regular menu was pricey. A 7 oz cold water lobster tail with rice and two (yes, only two) spears of asparagus was $41.99. It was good, but not amazing, and not worth that price. The Cesar salad was also good, but not amazing. I had Mahi Mahi topped with gazpacho, which was identified on the menu as a signature dish. It was unique and very, very good. The piece of fish was large, and it was served with a large portion of garlic mashed potatoes. Most regular menu prices ranged from $25 - $45, and most included a starch (rice or potatoes). Most other veggies were a la carte, as was soup, salad, etc.

A few of the seats have good water views, but the best water views would be outside on the patio.

1 Thank Kleetampa