“Unique Night in Tampa”

Tampa History Cruise
Ranked #2 of 12 Transportation in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Tampa Water Taxi Company Has Dolphin, History, Harbor and Famous People home tours on the beautiful waters of Tampa Bay for 11 years. Want to see a wild Dolphin with in 5 feet JOIN US. Want to learn the History of Tampa that goes back 4000 years we can show and tell you. Our Professional Tour guides will educate and entertain you and your guests. We are not a generic boat ride that has a boat driver reading a script. That is why our tours are not one size fits all. Join us for a lifelong memory of Tampa.
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique Night in Tampa”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I booked a private charter with Captain Larry for my 30th birthday. Everyone had so much fun and I could have never asked for a better way to celebrate. The charter rate for two hours at sunset was extremely reasonable. Everyone enjoyed seeing some of the famous sights around the bay. I'm recommending the Water Taxi to all of my friends and will book again!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Lshows
CaptLarry, General Manager at Tampa Water Taxi Company, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank You so much. I felt so glad you spent your birthday with us. I look forward to your return on your 31, 32, 33...........................99 birthdays.

Dallas, Tx
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Must Do!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Captain Larry does a fantastic job of entertaining you with funny narrative and very informative information. Seeing the City of Tampa from the water gives you a great different perspective of the city. For a great hour or longer tour give him a call. Best tour of the area!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank garyDallas_Tx
Thank you for your kind review. Please come back soon.
Port Charlotte, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“We Were Picked up at Marriott Waterside Hotel...”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Captain Larry and his first mate picked us up promptly at 6:30 right outside of The Marriott Waterside Hotel where we were staying. There were 4 of us and we only paid $100 total for a solid 90 minute tour. We would have gladly paid more. It was a night - lights cruise and we were all very impressed with the relaxed atmosphere and the Captain's knowledge of the area. It actually helped us all to like the City of Tampa and want to come back.

We were enjoying a "girls night out" and had a 13 year old and a 65 year old on board. We all enjoyed ourselves and would recommend Tampa Water Taxi to everyone! Truly a treat, Tampa is something to see at night. Absolutely beautiful.

Captain also directed us to a restaurant called Taco Bus for the low price and fast service we were looking for. Excellent choice, thank you.

Visited November 2013
4 Thank crsolo
Thank You very much. I look forward to you returning to Tampa soon. I have a pod of dolphins that would like to meet you.
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfectly spontaneous!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

What a gem! Capt. Larry is like a long lost friend and Tampa Bay/Channel is home that he warmly invites us too.

Entertaining and knowledable! It's nothing like a dinner and a cruise but it is excellent for a night tour of the city. He has some wonderful local recommendations as well.

We thoroughly enjoyed his company and boat!

*****He is a water taxi so he can take you from island to island!*****

Visited October 2013
2 Thank dehny83
CaptLarry, General Manager at Tampa Water Taxi Company, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank You so much for your wonderful comments. Please come back to Tampa soon. Thyanks Capt. Larry
Silver Spring, MD
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Captain Larry is the man! BEST Tour in Tampa!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I visited Tampa the weekend of September 6-8 for a get away. We had looked into different tours but after consulting TripAdvisor, decided to call Tampa Water Taxi. I spoke with Captain Larry and he seemed like a good guy!

Captain Larry was really entertaining and taught us a lot along the tour but it really felt like we were all having such a good time and just hanging out. I was feeling particularly obnoxious and asked if I could honk the horn and he let us do it.

Extremely affordable, entertaining, and open bar! (just kidding about the open bar) but I would recommend Captain Larry and Tampa Water Taxi Company to anyone looking for a great time on the water in Tampa.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank davegolden99
CaptLarry, General Manager at Tampa Water Taxi Company, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank You, Thank You. I am glad you had a good time and look forward to your return to Tampa.
PS: I will try to have the bartender on board for you next time.