“A low cost and fun way to experience downtown Tampa from the water”

Tampa Water Taxi Company
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
1.5-hour Dolphin Sightseeing Cruise from Tampa
Ranked #2 of 17 Transportation in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Tampa Water Taxi Company Has Dolphin, History, Harbor and Famous People home tours on the beautiful waters of Tampa Bay for 11 years. Want to see a wild Dolphin with in 5 feet JOIN US. Want to learn the History of Tampa that goes back 4000 years we can show and tell you. Our Professional Tour guides will educate and entertain you and your guests. We are not a generic boat ride that has a boat driver reading a script. That is why our tours are not one size fits all. Join us for a lifelong memory of Tampa.
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Captn Larry regaled us on an "insider's tour" around downtown Tampa and the private canals of Davis Islands. This is a great way to show off the sites to locals and out of town guests. We took a harbor cruise but you can arrange point to point trips on the river to turn a regular dinner out into a special occasion.

1  Thank PugTravel
"harbour island"
"highlight of our trip"
"interesting facts"

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We bought our tickets on Groupon and got the first reservation we asked for. Boat was clean, Captain was pleasant and informative. He took extra time to keep turning the boat so all on board got many chances to view the dolphins. Nice views of many of the homes on Davis Island and views of Tampa.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Cpt. Larry wouldn't let me book my Groupon tour. After requesting three dates for a tour, Cpt. Larry wrote me to say those days were full. My next three date requests were met with we only take reservations within two weeks. So, I asked him to provide me with available dates. A week went by and I still haven't heard from Larry. He doesn't want your Groupon business. There are many other businesses in the Tampa area that would love to have your Groupon business. Don't waste your time here.

3  Thank Wayne K
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We bought a groupons for our trip to Tampa. When tring to make a res they were not nice and we never did get a a ride. We even stayed at the Sherton Riverwalk were they were supposed to located. So beware there are hard to deal with and really just don't care. We did use groupon for American pro diving center in crystal river and they treated us like gold.

4  Thank beauty1492
CaptLarry, General Manager at Tampa Water Taxi Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

I am sorry you you feel that that way. We do our best to get our guests on the trip they want but when the boats are full on a date and time we are not allowed to take more. You purchased your voucher from Groupon , they have guidelines to there offer that are binding on you and us.
Some of the restrictions are three day in advance reservations are required. Many guests call the same day and want to go on a trip, this is outside of the guidlines of the Groupon offer. In the future I would wished you would contact me directly with your concerns.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Capt. Larry loves the water, as shown by the name of his boat "Never never land." He never wants to be on land. He provides a memorable trip down Tampa Bay, pointing out various points of interest, laced with interesting stories. We did the evening wine cruise and it was very enjoyable. Capt. Larry is also very helpful. My wife, who has difficulty with steps was having trouble exiting the boat, so he told me to drive to the Convention Center and meet him there, as the egress at that point was much more handicapped friendly.