“OMG the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Al's Finger Licking Good Bar-B-Que
Ranked #27 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: 2014 Best of the Bay Award Winner - Located in a bungalow off of 7th Ave in historic Ybor City, Al's Finger Licking Good Bar-B-Que is dedicated to serving you the most delicious barbecue food while demonstrating true Southern hospitality.
“OMG the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We have been in Ybor all day left to go downtown got there and turned around and come back to Al's it's the best small, family, off the beaten trackish kinda place close to 7th ave - phew the portions are huge and they have some Hot hot sauce

1 Thank Ann R

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“It truly is a unique dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This is just a small shack of the main street. Run by big Al, and he is!

It plastic forks, disposable plates. This is a far awsy from fine dining that you are likely to get. But the food was delicious. I had the beef rib with beans and veg.

The smoker is simply a trailer outside. Shows you don't need a fancy oven to cook good food.

Great food, great host and superb value for money.

1 Thank lee1pen
Belleair Beach, Florida
“AN EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

While visiting the Tampa area for the day with my family, we googled where we should eat. Al's BBQ came up. When we pulled up to the restaurant, we were tempted not to stop....it was a bit rundown looking and the chickens and roosters were a deterrent as well. Nonetheless, we went in. Man oh man....we were so tickled that we did! We were welcomed with open arms. Lunch hour had already passed, so they gave us their full attention. Being connoisseurs of good food/high quality food (and being use to good southern cooking), it is difficult to get high marks from us. Everything...and I do mean everything we ate gets a big thumbs up and has our stamp of approval. The pulled pork, ribs and turkey were melt in your mouth kinda good. The slaw was perfect, as well as the potato salad (just like mother fixed it), the Friday only macaroni and cheese was like home cooking too. Don't miss the collard greens either. The sweet tea was brewed and sweetened to perfection. The dessert.....oh my.....whatever you do save room for individual sized pecan pie....probably th best I've ever had. The sweet potatoe pie was delish as well as the pineapple mango cake. We made a fine memory today at Al's. Thanks guys!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
“Just perfect! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

The rips are very awesome!

Thx for the baked beans!!!

We'll come back!!!

This is a must EAT in Tampa!!!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“This is simply one of the best BBQ dinners I have ever enjoyed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Let me begin by saying that people think of BBQ a lot like they do driving. Everyone thinks they are good at it. I have been smoking my own meats and making my own rubs and marinades for for 35 years. People love them. We moved to the Tampa Bay area 2 years ago (into a condo) where I no longer smoke my butts, ribs, and salmon. I have tried and been disappointed by everywhere I have been for BBQ......until tonight. The ribs and pulled pork are absolute perfection: Perfect rub, fall off the bone meats; good sauces (sweet but the hot is HOT and delicious) and great sides. (Hot collards, black eyed peas, potato salad) Al and his assistant were welcoming at their place a yellow cottage off the main drive in Ybor. They are only open Weds-Sat. You will see me again!

• Visited March 2014