“Great lunch”

The Stone Soup Company Bar and Grill
Ranked #78 of 2,405 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving home made soups, salads, sandwiches, eclectic entrees and so much more in a casual dining experience. Eat in, Take out, Limited Delivery, with online ordering all available. Voted Best Soup in the Tampa Bay Area 2013 and 2014, Best Cuban Sandwich in the USA 2013, 2014, and 2015. Great Vegan, Gluten FREE, Healthy options available too. Full spirits bar focusing on local liquors. Over 80 beers from locals to around the world and award winning wine selections. This place has something for everyone. Just recently moved down the street to 1919 e 7th, now have a full liquor bar, private dining, bigger outdoor dining, move pick up options, and national shipping.
Columbus, Ohio
“Great lunch”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Food was great! enjoyed our meal, interesting decor all around the restaraunt would definitely go back next time in Tampa

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank josh n
ilya g, Owner at The Stone Soup Company Bar and Grill, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your review Josh!

Thank you for you kind words and just wanted to let you know you feedback was shared in our development meetings. We agree that we have a good thing going and we appreciate you getting the word out!! Dont forget we do dinner as well!!! We are really happy you loved it!! Thanks for your encouragement!

~ soupman

“Local and down to earth, this reasturant hits all the right spots.”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you want a place to relax, drink some sangria and eat some really delicious crafted food, this is the place. They are right in the middle of historical ybor and have local art. It is a really special place.

2 Thank Stephanie S
Thank you for your review!

Thank you for you kind words and just wanted to let you know you feedback was shared in our development meetings. We agree that we have a good thing going and we appreciate you getting the word out!! We are really happy you loved it!! Thanks for your encouragement!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Cuban you will put in your mouth.”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The place is a sweet place to dine and lunch. Food is Fantabulous. You will not be disappointed if you order the Cuban, it's the best Damn Cuban I've had in my own life. So if you ever get a chance to go there stop by and have a sandwich and some French onion soup which was the best I've had in my life too. Yummy! I will be back!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Sandra L
Thank you for your review!

Thank you for you kind words and just wanted to let you know you feedback was shared in our development meetings. We are really happy that you left happy and wish you lived closer as well!! We are really happy you loved it!! Thanks for your encouragement!

Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I've never left without being full and a smile on my face.”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Honestly, one my of favorite places in Tampa. Even celebrated my birthday here last year. Excellent food, great beer selection, fair prices and a wonderful atmosphere. The new sangria stuffed burger I had yesterday was phenomenal. I've never tasted anything like it; best burger I've ever had.

1 Thank Austin F
Thanks for your loyalty!!

thank you for you kind words and just wanted to let you know you feedback was shared in our development meetings. We are really happy that you left happy and wish you lived closer as well!! We are really happy you loved it!! Thanks for your encouragement!

Cleveland
“If you only have time for one Cuban Sandwich, get it here!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

On a recent trip to Tampa, I had just one day to sight-see and I wanted to taste a real Cuban sandwich in Ybor where they were invented. A Google search led me to the Stone Soup Company. They have won plenty of awards and their sandwich has the perfect balance of filling to bread ratio. They use the original cuban bread from the La Segunda Bakery and fill it with Mojo roasted pulled pork, ham, and salami. They top it with a mustard-mayo mix, Swiss cheese and pickles. I loved it! The pork was so tender and tasty. The mustard-mayo mix softened the mustard so it didn't over-power everything but you still tasted it. The pickles were a bit of heaven in each bite. And, they provided a side of a mojo dipping sauce which was perfect with the crusty Cuban bread. Most interesting to me was the way it is cut in half - not the way you expect across the short middle - but down the sandwich length-wise. This made it very nice for dipping into the mojo sauce. Melissa was my server and she took very good care of me. She offered me a sample of a citrus-spinach smoothy that was surprisingly refreshing and she offered to give me a refill of my ice tea "to go" since it was hot outside - I thought that was very considerate. If you only have one chance to taste a real Cuban sandwich, this is where you need to go, you will not be disappointed.

2 Thank geomom01
WOW! thank you!

thank you for you kind words and just wanted to let you know you feedback was shared in our development meetings. Melissa appreciated that you mentioned her. We are really happy that you left happy and wish you lived closer as well!! We are really happy you loved it!! Thanks for your encouragement!