“Best Cuban you will put in your mouth.” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Stone Soup Company
Ranked #68 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Diner, Soups, American, International
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving home made soups, salads, sandwiches, eclectic entrees and so much more in a casual dining experience. Eat in, Take out, Limited Delivery, with online ordering all available. Voted Best Soup in the Tampa Bay Area 2013 and 2014, Best Cuban Sandwich in the USA 2013, 2014, and 2015. Great Vegan, Gluten FREE, Healthy options available too. 6 ice cream flavors from Hersheys Ice Cream. 50+ beer wine selections!! This place has something for everyone.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Cuban you will put in your mouth.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The place is a sweet place to dine and lunch. Food is Fantabulous. You will not be disappointed if you order the Cuban, it's the best Damn Cuban I've had in my own life. So if you ever get a chance to go there stop by and have a sandwich and some French onion soup which was the best I've had in my life too. Yummy! I will be back!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Sandra L
ilya g, Owner at The Stone Soup Company, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your review!

Thank you for you kind words and just wanted to let you know you feedback was shared in our development meetings. We are really happy that you left happy and wish you lived closer as well!! We are really happy you loved it!! Thanks for your encouragement!

Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I've never left without being full and a smile on my face.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Honestly, one my of favorite places in Tampa. Even celebrated my birthday here last year. Excellent food, great beer selection, fair prices and a wonderful atmosphere. The new sangria stuffed burger I had yesterday was phenomenal. I've never tasted anything like it; best burger I've ever had.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Austin F
Thanks for your loyalty!!

thank you for you kind words and just wanted to let you know you feedback was shared in our development meetings. We are really happy that you left happy and wish you lived closer as well!! We are really happy you loved it!! Thanks for your encouragement!

Cleveland
“If you only have time for one Cuban Sandwich, get it here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

On a recent trip to Tampa, I had just one day to sight-see and I wanted to taste a real Cuban sandwich in Ybor where they were invented. A Google search led me to the Stone Soup Company. They have won plenty of awards and their sandwich has the perfect balance of filling to bread ratio. They use the original cuban bread from the La Segunda Bakery and fill it with Mojo roasted pulled pork, ham, and salami. They top it with a mustard-mayo mix, Swiss cheese and pickles. I loved it! The pork was so tender and tasty. The mustard-mayo mix softened the mustard so it didn't over-power everything but you still tasted it. The pickles were a bit of heaven in each bite. And, they provided a side of a mojo dipping sauce which was perfect with the crusty Cuban bread. Most interesting to me was the way it is cut in half - not the way you expect across the short middle - but down the sandwich length-wise. This made it very nice for dipping into the mojo sauce. Melissa was my server and she took very good care of me. She offered me a sample of a citrus-spinach smoothy that was surprisingly refreshing and she offered to give me a refill of my ice tea "to go" since it was hot outside - I thought that was very considerate. If you only have one chance to taste a real Cuban sandwich, this is where you need to go, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank geomom01
WOW! thank you!

thank you for you kind words and just wanted to let you know you feedback was shared in our development meetings. Melissa appreciated that you mentioned her. We are really happy that you left happy and wish you lived closer as well!! We are really happy you loved it!! Thanks for your encouragement!

Odessa, Florida
“Long live the Soup Man!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

What a unique find in Ybor! A family owned soup and sandwhich joint, with the owner fully hands on, and outstanding food! In addition to an assortment of soups, there's something for everyone. The Cuban rocks and the gyro meat is straight off the split. The vibe is funky, the servers are happy to work there and the prices are great. I wish I lived closer, this would be a weekly stop for sure.

2 Thank Shark80MW
Sorry for the Late response...

Fairfield, Ohio
“What a great little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Driving home to Ohio on vacation from S. Florida, We decided to stop in Ybor City. My primary purpose was for some cigar. But I asked the proprietor if there was anywhere close we could get a good Cuban sandwich and he pointed us across the street to TSSC. My wife and I ate Cubans on the sidewalk bistro and we were very impressed. Not only were the Cubans the best we'd ever had, but the service was top shelf and the staff was friendly. We'll never pass Tampa without stopping there.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank ItmightbeJB
Sorry for the Late response...

thank you for you kind words and just wanted to let you know you feedback was shared in our development meetings. We are really happy you loved it!! Thanks for your encouragement!

~ soupman

Been to The Stone Soup Company? Share your experiences!