“Not good. Weird layout”
Review of UNCLE RODNEY'S RIBHOUSE - CLOSED

UNCLE RODNEY'S RIBHOUSE
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I sure do miss Lola Jane's. "Uncle" Rodney's Barbeque fails in delivering a good meal. There are many other places that are twice as good in the local area. I found the place dirty, and the food tired and stale. I'll never go back. This used to be Lola Jane's cajun restaurant, which had great food at great prices. This place isn't good...at all. I ordered the ribs and they tasted like they were cooked a week prior. Also, he ran out of mac n' cheese. For $10 for lunch, I expected more.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you've grown up with BBQ that uses "a great rub", then you haven't experienced REAL BBQ yet. There's nothing artificial about this place. The meat is smoked with a variety of woods that create the best ribs I've ever had, and pulled pork, and beef. The baked beans have pulled pork meat added to them (at least they've had it the times I've ordered it), and I don't like cole slaw or collards, so I can't comment to those. We are regular customers, and Rod is a no-nonsense kind of guy. If you come in with saggy pants, be prepared to pull them up - as he says "none of my other customers wanna see that!!" He has an exuberant personality & is always fun to talk with. Wouldn't go anywhere else for my rib fix.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great ribs + the very best collard greens this humble creature has ever eaten

Tasty and generous portions.

The establishment is true it's roots - simple and down-home. No fru-fur at this locality. You might pass on by if you didn't know better.
Rodney is well known among the locals for great ribs.

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Ribs were awesome and so was Rodney! Sides were not up to par based on the ribs served. Greens had no flavor and the cole slaw tasted like they were purchased from a chain store... Overall a great little dive and I'll be back for more...

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I found this place just driving down McDill one day for lunch about 2 years ago and noticed all this smoke billowing out from this little place so I decided to stop and give it a try. The place is just a small house with a large screened in patio serving as the dining area and old patio furniture seving as the table and chairs. I ordered the pull pork lunch special with beans and potato salad, let me just say that this was the best pulled pork, baked beans and potato salad I have been lukcy enough to have. The ribs, brisket and coleslaw are awsome as well, and Uncle Rodney is a character to talk to and has some great stories to tell. I have been going back almost weekly to get my BBq fix for the last two years and plan to continue as long as he is there. He is not open on Monday's so make plans the rest of the week to try and visit, also last time I spoke with him he was planning on enclosing the patio, adding A/C and flatscreens to get ready for football season.