“Poor Service”

Taps Restaurant Bar and Lounge
Ranked #200 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Looking for a refreshing alternative to the chaos of typical bar scenes? Somewhere with an outstanding selection of craft beers and imports, quality wines, and flavorful food? A convenient destination with charming ambiance and a very knowledgeable staff? Then Taps should definitely be added to your social calendar.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I visited this location because this location was essentially across the parking lot of my Courtyard Marriott. This was a recommended location by the hotel staff. I wasn't impressed with the level of service that I received because upon entry, I waited, and waited, and waited at the hostess stand. I peeked around the corner for a staff person.....but then one waitress came out....looked directly at me and began obtaining her drink orders without acknowledged me or giving direction. Finally, someone else came out and said that I could seat myself. I ordered only a beer because I was turned off at that point The location looks to have hundreds of different beers and wines available. This could have been a great experience, but poor service made the difference.

1  Thank Sandpower_S
There are newer reviews for Taps Restaurant Bar and Lounge

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great pub food and an incredable beer and wine selection! Had the turkey and brie sanwhich and it was great.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place has a nice atmosphere, decent beer and wine selection, tasty food, good service. Found it to be a little overpriced, but cool and hip late night joint for nice drinks. Shrimp tacos were yummy!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great beer and wine selection, try the meatballs. Excellent flavor on the meatball sub, big enough for two people.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great location, great beer list but the service is deplorable. We hosted a group of 6 people for a business drinks/appetizers and I was embarrassed by my choice of restaurant. The appetizers took forever (no apology or explanation from our server), the drinks arrived on time but the re-order took 3X as long. And when we tried to get our bill, which included 4 cigars we chose from their humidor, it took them 20+ mins to bring it (and then it was incorrect.) I had to chase down the waitress, literally stand behind her, to get the bill corrected.