“Terrible service, average food, great location”

Taps Restaurant Bar and Lounge
Ranked #246 of 2,367 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Looking for a refreshing alternative to the chaos of typical bar scenes? Somewhere with an outstanding selection of craft beers and imports, quality wines, and flavorful food? A convenient destination with charming ambiance and a very knowledgeable staff? Then Taps should definitely be added to your social calendar.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrible service, average food, great location”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great location, great beer list but the service is deplorable. We hosted a group of 6 people for a business drinks/appetizers and I was embarrassed by my choice of restaurant. The appetizers took forever (no apology or explanation from our server), the drinks arrived on time but the re-order took 3X as long. And when we tried to get our bill, which included 4 cigars we chose from their humidor, it took them 20+ mins to bring it (and then it was incorrect.) I had to chase down the waitress, literally stand behind her, to get the bill corrected.

• Visited January 2013

Ohio
“The name could be changed to "Un-tapped"”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stopped at Taps after the theater on a warm, wonderful Tampa night. We elected to sit at one of the sidewalk tables and enjoy the evening. Servers were slow to get to us, the table was wobbly and dirty/sticky. No one offered to clean it. So the place is named "Taps", right? Lots of beer on tap? Well, the first two selections I made - the server came back to share that they were "out". I suggested she return to tell us which beers they actually had...she never did. I had ice water. I presume that water came from "the tap"? We might have found them on a tough night...but they made it hard to write a good review about our experience.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very nice surprise - don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise- the place looks like it should be serving buglers and fries, chicken wings and beer.... But what it really serves is great small plates-healthy and delicious ! We shared the Baked Mac and cheese, the Tuna crudo, the Greek Salad and the Crab Cakes. Everything was outstanding and we would highly recommend it. The atmosphere reminds me of an upscale college bar. Great place for a casual date

Hansville, Washington
“A real surprise”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went to a matinee performance at the Straz Center on Sunday, and were looking for a place to have lunch. Taps appeared to be the only place that was open, and it was across the street from the Poe parking garage, so it looked like a no-brainer. From across the street it looked like it was closed, but as we closed in we saw life, so went inside. We were the first customers of the day, apparently, so the atmosphere was a little bleak, but the service was prompt and friendly, and the food was absolutely terrific. It was a chilly day, so I was thinking warm comfort food, whose name today was Baked Mac and Cheese. Gosh, it was good. My partner went for the Chipotle Apricot BBQ Chicken Sandwich, which we both deemed superb as well. Emboldened by our successes so far, we spilt a Warm Apricot Rum Bread Pudding, making it 3 for 3. Deeee-licious. A winner. I thought it was a little pricey at $40 including tax and a very generous, well-earned tip, but I'm a cheapskate. Also in Orlando and Naples, so we'll remember them on our travels there.

• Visited December 2012
“This restaurant is a reason I would return to Tampa!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Excellent tapas. The bruschetta was excellent as was the wine. The servers are great! Atmosphere is very romantic and cozy.