Tripadvisor

“Lovely brunch spot! ”
Review of Anchor and Brine

Anchor and Brine
Ranked #714 of 2,927 Restaurants in Tampa
Description: Savor locally-influenced fresh seafood and a beautifully-styled raw bar at Anchor and Brine during your stay in Tampa. Before your meal arrives, soak in the gorgeous waterfront view and sip on our selection of craft cocktails.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great spot for brunch or dinner. It’s in a (nice) hotel but don’t let that fool you! It’s much better than your typical hotel options. The brunch is delicious and the setting is beautiful on a nice day! The monkey bread was phenomenal and so were the eggs Benedict!

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I really enjoyed the terrace seating with the nice view of the water. There was a nice ambience with the heaters and fire pits on a chilly night. It looked inviting. The sunset gives a pleasant touch to the evening making you enjoy the moment. My drink was very good and I ordered the mushroom flatbread. It was tasty but I am stunned by the prices. It seems that for a small plate it is considerably overpriced, if you are a local and want to walk here for a drink an appetizer you must be ready to spend around $30 or more per person. Hopefully they would get a happy hour menu for drinks and small plates; I didn't see one or it was not offered by the waitress, that would get more people in. Service was ok.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

What a perfect location on the waterside, they offer outside and inside seating, in a quite peaceful strip of water. The service unfortunately doesn’t match the location, we waited 20 minutes for our first round of drinks, and the two waiters were not working together at all, and were visibly annoyed with each other.... the servings are tasty, but very small. If you order the snapper, ensure you order some sides as well, as it’s a small meal. Lots of potential, but not used on this occasion.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 28, 2019 via mobile

Place was crazy busy when we arrived as opened a few weeks prior. The bartenders were friendly drinks good and they did keep up with the bar. I had the roasted beet salad we also shared the burrata and French fries-truffle with parmigiana. Worth a stop for a drink and to nosh. Small plates are good too!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 20, 2019

TBH, the hostess was really off-putting, and took me a while to recover, which is sad, as the setting is so great. I was standing there for a good five minutes, she was talking and standing around. Finally comes over to me, and acts irritated that I am even there. I was going to leave, but glad I stayed, which I am glad I did, as waiter is great, atmosphere great and drinks great. The food is average - nothing w/ a wow. The cocktails are innovated and helped to bring up the food's blahness.

Date of visit: November 2019

Been to Anchor and Brine? Share your experiences!