“Fantastic Food”

Renzo's Gourmet
Ranked #314 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. Sterling Ave.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Renzo's is consistantly a great place to eat. If it's lunch or dinner I'd recomment giving it a try - you will be back.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This restaurant/gourmet store is a hidden gem.
We went and extremely happy with the combo meats platter for 2. Meat was perfectly seasoned and cooked medium rare as requested! Our sides were tostones and streamed spinach- all were out of this world!
We went for dinner on Tuesday night and were seated right away. Hear that's never case on weekend. If you like meat cooked to order but simply- you have to give this a try!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The best steaks in my life I had in Montevideo, Uruguay and Buenos Aires, Argentinia.A professor for Spanish at USF, she is from Buenos Aires, recommended this restaurant and I went with my wife and the friends, we travelled to Argentinia and Uruguay with, to the restaurant.The food is authentic, the steaks are smaller and not the high-end cuts like filet or rib-eye that we used to eat in South America, but a flank steak has a great taste too. Please note that this in not a fancy restaurant, so do not expect the look of Bern's. We also liked the wine selection and if you buy a bottle, the price is reasonable. The wine we had in the restaurant, was a full-bodied Malbec for $ 22,00 and it is not much cheaper if you buy it in a wine store. Our waiter Guillrmo was from Montevideo and was very familiar with the wines they had. They also sell wines by the bottle and bakery-goods for take-out. The desert was great, but in my opinion priced high.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stopped here to pick up Argentinian food for a wedding brunch. I explained to Jimmy that we were having a Scype Party for my neice who is getting married in Argentina and wanted food to celebrate and salute the occassion. He was most helpful and picked a a variety of empanadas and deserts incluing some served at weddings in that country. The foods were delicious, a big hit with group and scand well on video so the family in Argentina were very impressed. Renzo's was the perfect place and we all will be going for dinner soon. Bravo Renzo's and Jimmy!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went there this past saturday with my whole family and we all loved it , the service was great , our server (very very Handsome Uruguayan guy) took great care of us , he recommended the Platter with only steaks so we had 2 of them and it was more than enough for all of us , we then asked him what dessert to get and we got this amazing cake which has a weird name but was absolutely fantastic. Great place for a great price

Been to Renzo's Gourmet? Share your experiences!