“A Great Tour of a Fascinating Place”

Ybor City Historic Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 82 Tours in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: There is no better way to experience Ybor City than at streetlevel on foot. Come discover this vibrant and diverse city. Ourwalking tours explore the many layers of history that make up the fabric of Ybor City. Tours start from the Vicente Martinez-Ybor statue at Centro Ybor on Seventh Avenue. Call for current schedule.
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed Terry's tour. He gave us a wonderful sense of the history of Ybor City - the people as well as the events. (And believe me, Ybor City has had some really interesting people!)

1  Thank Nancy S
There are newer reviews for Ybor City Historic Walking Tours

Reviewed March 19, 2014

A friend who lives in the Tampa area and uses Lonnie three or more times a year insisted that we take Lonnie's tour. We were pleasantly surprised. Lonnie is knowledgable, articulate, enthusiastic and fun. When we started the tour I really didn't care if I learned anything. By the end I was fascinated by the history of the city and the amount of knowledge that I absorbed in a short amount of time. Anyone can give you the history, but Lonnie's delivery is informative, entertaining and makes you hunger for more

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great tour with Lonnie and six of us. Great history lessons, makes the history of the area come alive. It was beautiful day. Very impressed with all the people out cleaning their sidewalks. Local community college in middle of area, lots of young people around. Very revitalized area. Took couple of hours but went by real fast.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I definitely recommend this walking tour! Our guide not only explained the history of every section we walked, but he narrated it with such eloquence and enthusiasm that it helped us travel back in time. It was fascinating to learn how Mr. Ybor founded a town with such a vision for the future. You should book your tour today! Then, head out to town and eat some authentic Cuban food -Lonnie can recommend great places :)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

When I first started this tour I thought to myself , what the hell did I get myself into. Lonnie started out with a mellow tone but by the end of the tour he reminded me of Don frickin Rickles, he's hilarious and very knowledgeable, I give this tour a 10 out of 10. If you want to learn about old historic Ybor city, Lonnie is the man. This is a must do tour, Thanks Lonnie and I wish you the very best.