“Great delivery”

Doormet
Ranked #518 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Celebrating eight years as Tampa's favorite delivery restaurant, Doormet (as in gourmet to your door) offers a solution for those who want to eat well, but don’t have a lot of time. Our diverse menu features classics from various cuisines with a modern twist, including hand tossed pizzas, pastas, soups, deli-style sandwiches, burgers, and chicken dishes, as well as healthy items like salads and fitness bowls, and great monthly specials, all available for dine-in, takeout, delivery and catering. Enjoy a casual dining experience in a clean, contemporary setting, and watch as your meal is made fresh to order in our open kitchen. We also offer a great selection of craft beer and wine, which is available for delivery as well! Order online at doormet.com, or download our state-of-the-art mobile ordering app from the App Store or Google Play. Experience what many Tampa families and professionals already know—for a quality lunch or dinner, Doormet delivers!
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We wanted something besides pizza for delivery and this place was great and quick. My fiancé got the chicken parm. It was a large portion and he said it was awesome.

There are newer reviews for Doormet

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I don't normally go for "gourmet" sandwiches. Give me some good warm bread, some meat and veggies, pile it high and squirt on some mustard and I'm right as rain. But, my girlfriend and I had just finished a long run and needed to eat something quick. Found this place on our way home and decided to check it out.

Guess we're past the days of "freedom fries" if we can give our restaurants french sounding names. Thank god - that was stupid anyway. And once again, I digress.

Anyway, they have pizza. I mention this because its a gourmet place with a fancy frenchy name, but they have pizza. Order it if you want, but let me know what it's like after you do. I'm curious. They have pastas, too.

We didn't go for that. She got some kind of mushroom appetizer that I wouldn't touch in a thousand years but that's because mushrooms are icky - how's that for a professional sounding review?

I got a grilled chicken sandwich with bacon, which came with a side of home baked chips. I realize how ungourmet that sounds, but that was a damn good sandwich. Came on a challah bun with some mustard or dijon I think, and it was great. Chips were good, too. Crunchy and not greasy.

This is a counter service place - order at the counter and they bring it to you; kind of like Jason's deli. Menu isn't too extensive - maybe a half dozen items in each section, but it will have something for everyone.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Doormet delivered delicious food. Delivery person was both timely and polite! Definitely get the Toscano Pasta, it's great!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Was looking to try out a new pizza place and found Doormet. I have been to the Publix next door a thousand times and never noticed this place! I was pleasantly surprised by the extremely relaxing ambience and delicious food. I recommend dining in.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I had a doctors appointment next to Doormet and had always been curious about this place, never really bring sure what it was! I was under the impression that frozen meals were being sold! However, I saw people eating outside and decided to pop in! Wow - they have the best food, fresh pressed juices and great specials! I visited in October and they had a bunch of German specialties that brought tears to my eyes when I ate them (I was raised in Germany). I took some shading Jaeger Schnitzel home for the hubby and dome potato soup home for me!!! Best. Pretzels. Ever.... And they even deliver!!! Sweet! Love this new place I discovered!

Been to Doormet? Share your experiences!