“Absolutely Delicioso!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Floyd Road
Description: Just north of Rt 580 W Busch Blvd, this small hidden gem in Tampa offers a variety of world class tapas and an extensive wine list Reservations recommended 813-968-7400.
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

Another great evening out with my wife at Vizcaya! Wonderful food, excellent atmosphere and fine service! Started out with the Ceviche Mixto, Croquetas Jamon and Datiles...stuffed dates. All 3 superb! For entrees, my wife had the Grouper bites and Mozzarella salad tapas and after I don’t know how many visits here, I finally tried the Seafood Paella. All was really great...my wife’s Grouper was superb. The Paella was good...seafood cooked perfectly. There was one thing missing in the Paella which I believe makes Paella a great Paella and what was missing was the “socarrat” on the bottom of the bomba rice...that crunchy, caramelized toasted bottom that finishes the dish! That aside, it was a great dinner...again! Our waiter, Gustavo, was perfecto! Vizcaya still gets two thumbs up from me !!!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Excellently executed Spanish dishes with an extensive menu including unique tapas but what in rare in Tampa there is a skilled chef overseeing the kitchen. This is our favorite restaurant in the city for fish. Happy hour and dinner are fun and offers many choices.

Reviewed October 25, 2017

When I go to St. Pete's a couple times a year that is our first restaurant to go to.
I studied and lived in Spain and this place always takes me back to wonderful memories I had. Never a disappointment! Love speaking Spanish to the waiters and especially to the owner. The food is first class, just superb and delicious. Great menu, great selections that you never know what to order since everything is so, so good.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Decided to do a pre-hurricane dinner out and the food was wonderful. The restaurant seemed to have many regulars at the bar but dining room was empty due to weather. Enjoyed Zarzuala and Paella and tapas. Good Sangria and relaxing evening with excellent wait staff. I would have to rate this one of our favorite Tampa gems.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

I visited Vizcaya a couple of weeks ago for a dinner date night with my fiancé. The restaurant features an extensive selection of Spanish tapas and entrées. We started with a pitcher of Sangria. The sangria was sweet, strong and plentiful for the two of us. Exactly what you would expect from a Spanish restaurant. Next we had a pair of tapas. First was the Datiles con Panceta which were soft sweet bacon wrapped dates stuffed with flavorful Manchego Cheese and Serrano Ham. Second we had the Cazuelita de Conejo which was savory tender wild rabbit topped with roasted red peppers, tender mushrooms, and a flavorful wine sauce. Finally we shared a Seafood Paella entrée. The Paella was delicious and filled with fresh and tender shrimp, scallops, grouper, mussels, and clams. The restaurant also regularly has a good Groupon deal, which we used for our dinner ($23.99 for $40).

Been to Vizcaya? Share your experiences!