“Great food / service”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Floyd Road
Description: Just north of Rt 580 W Busch Blvd, this small hidden gem in Tampa offers a variety of world class tapas and an extensive wine list Reservations recommended 813-968-7400.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Food was amazing! I went with my wife, she ordered lamb and I got chilean seabass. Service was great!

There are newer reviews for Vizcaya

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food here is good if you order the right things. But the menu is wildly uneven, and you meal can go either way. Servers are less than attentive, and long waits come without an apology. I do like their scallops with chorizo. But mostly, it's not worth the trouble or the cash.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Authentic ? I'm not Basque but if this what its like, I'm goin'. Great fresh seafood, perfectly seasoned...meat dishes looked great but I didn't sample them. Old fashioned ( in a positive sense ) European wait-staff who really know their business.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

A Groupon and my husband's birthday collided within the same week. In addition, a friend had raved about this place the week before. We had to go. We were a little taken aback when we pulled into the parking lot and it looked like a bomb had exploded where the restaurant was suppose to be--boards over the windows, danger tape wound around the outside area, building debris.

Something to the effect of "Please excuse the mess. This way in." was spray painted on the window boards. We were the first lunch customers of the day--and had arrived just moments after the restaurant opened. As we were seated, the staff person apologized for the hammering and sawing--renovation and expansion was in progress. Within 5 minutes, the noise ceased and a lovely lunch began.

Because we were having some tapas, I knew that I wouldn't want an entree, so I ordered the mushroom soup. It was an intoxicating bowl of wonderful. My husband is a seafood paella man--and it looked just like the picture on the restaurant website. It was a bountiful dish--enough for two at lunch. (Yes, I know I said I didn't want an entree, but could not resist having a bite or three.) As far as the tapas, I inhaled the crab/shrimp/avocado/remoulade.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Felix does it again. we are repeat visitors to this area of Tampa and this place has never disappointed. under construction to expand after 10 years of wonderful food and ambiance. we will be back and expect many more wonderful meals and times here.

1  Thank tewtee

Been to Vizcaya? Share your experiences!