“NICE BRIDGE, BUT SCARY”

Ranked #10 of 202 things to do in Tampa
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The bridge is very nice, but I am a little to scare to go thru it again. It has been so many year since I drove across it. It just me! I afraid of high roller coasters and that bridge reminds me of my car on a roller coaster. You literally looking straight at the sky then the ground in the next minute. I might be able to go through it if someone else is with me, but I am terrify to go through it at night and by myself. I will avoid it at all cost. However, if you enjoy fishing do go to the OLD Skyway bridge. It's pretty cool place to go fishing. It takes you right into the ocean and it does have clean bathroom facility. Not a bad place to go if you don't want to waste the money on fishing boats. (There is a small fee apply)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,235)
All reviews
in 322 reviews
"piers"
in 283 reviews

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great view, worth driving over if you've got an extra hour. We didn't do either of the fishing piers, but it looks like the south one would have good views of the bridge. Likewise with the road views, better from the south.

1  Thank topherdp
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Well it is just a bridge. But when the sun hits it just right it looks golden. If you take a cruise ship out of Tampa don't miss watching as you sail under it.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Awesome to cross this, did it in daylight, then at night. It is much higher/steep than you think as you appoach it. Trafiic moved quickly over bridge.
Toll both ways, on and off.

1  Thank Ross H