“Casual place with the great Columbia food”

Columbia Cafe - Riverwalk Tampa
Ranked #68 of 2,732 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy waterfront drinks, tapas and our delicious Spanish/Cuban cuisine at the Columbia Cafe in the Tampa Bay History Center on the Tampa Riverwalk. The Cafe proudly serves locally brewed craft beers on tap. We offer a full bar, and serve lunch and dinner daily. Live music Friday and Saturday nights on our outdoor, canopy covered waterfront patio bar. Located next to the Amalie Arena, and walking distance along the Tampa Riverwalk from the Marriott Waterside Hotel, Embassy Suites, the Florida Aquarium and the Tampa Convention Center. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Guests can dine inside at a scaled-down version of the original mahogany bar at our sister restaurant, the Columbia in Tampa's historic Ybor City, built more than a century ago in 1905 by the Brunswick Company. If you're boating, we invite you to dock at Garrison Channel outside the Tampa Bay History Center at one of eight tie-ups.
Reviewed September 26, 2018

We came here before going to a concert at Amalie Arena. If you are familiar with the Columbia restaurants and enjoy them, you should not be disappointed here. They have a smaller selection of food being more "cafe" than "restaurant" but the quality is absolutely the same! The only reason for my "4" rating was because of the service we received sitting at the bar for our meal. The bartender was not very attentive and left for quite a while before taking our order.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

Jaqueline was our server at the outside Columbia Cafe on Riverwalk! Large fans and delicious menu. We chose the 1905 salad and it is prepared table side. We also had the Cava Sangria which was also prepared table side. A really fun experience and all was delicious!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

While visiting the Tampa Bay History Center, we decided to grab lunch at Columbia Cafe, located on the bottom floor of the history center. The food is pretty good, I had the Black Bean Soup and the Shrimp Al Ajillo with Platanos Maduros, which were awesome, for desert I had the flan. The restuarant decor was beautifully done after Spanish style of turn of the century. Almost everything is themed including the servers uniforms and the dishware. The service was good, the servers were kind, not pushy or overbearing. The best part is the view of the bay, and the access to the riverwalk. Overall, Columbia Cafe is a great place to grab and drink, while enjoying the view of the city and bay.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

A lady on my flight recommended Columbia’s, I saw the cafe was in walking distance. I enjoyed the outdoor seating and the server was knowledgeable and about the menu, and excited to tell me this history of this home owned eatery established in 1905. I tried all the things recommended, and took to go boxes because it was way too much. Their signature salad was amazing, I enjoyed the plantains, the Cuban was good...just not as memorable as the bread pudding, Sangria and salad. On my way back another hotel guest was bringing back his dinner...after having it last night, that is what he wanted again...specifically he said the salad and one of the rice dishes. The bread pudding was the best I have EVER had, there consistency from the Cuban bread that was unique and flavors were delicious.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I have yet to be disappointed with the food and service , but this time the service let me down. I saw our server SJ pick with bare up a fallen orange slice and place it into one of our cups. When asked if the orange fell. The reply was “no”. So we asked for new glasses. Truly other than that, it was pleasant, the food was good, and portions were good as well.

guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia Cafe - Riverwalk Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

We are pleased that you enjoyed your meals. And we thank you for letting us know about this issue with the orange slice. Obviously this is not acceptable to us, nor to you. We have shared your comment with our manager for further training with our employees.

Been to Columbia Cafe - Riverwalk Tampa? Share your experiences!