“Food never disappoints, but the server did.”

Columbia Cafe - Riverwalk Tampa
Ranked #68 of 2,732 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Enjoy waterfront drinks, tapas and our delicious Spanish/Cuban cuisine at the Columbia Cafe in the Tampa Bay History Center on the Tampa Riverwalk. The Cafe proudly serves locally brewed craft beers on tap. We offer a full bar, and serve lunch and dinner daily. Live music Friday and Saturday nights on our outdoor, canopy covered waterfront patio bar. Located next to the Amalie Arena, and walking distance along the Tampa Riverwalk from the Marriott Waterside Hotel, Embassy Suites, the Florida Aquarium and the Tampa Convention Center. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Guests can dine inside at a scaled-down version of the original mahogany bar at our sister restaurant, the Columbia in Tampa's historic Ybor City, built more than a century ago in 1905 by the Brunswick Company. If you're boating, we invite you to dock at Garrison Channel outside the Tampa Bay History Center at one of eight tie-ups.
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I have yet to be disappointed with the food and service , but this time the service let me down. I saw our server SJ pick with bare up a fallen orange slice and place it into one of our cups. When asked if the orange fell. The reply was “no”. So we asked for new glasses. Truly other than that, it was pleasant, the food was good, and portions were good as well.

guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia Cafe - Riverwalk Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

We are pleased that you enjoyed your meals. And we thank you for letting us know about this issue with the orange slice. Obviously this is not acceptable to us, nor to you. We have shared your comment with our manager for further training with our employees.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Stopped in for lunch after eating dinner at their big restaurant earlier in the week .. nice location on the riverwalk, much smaller menu than the full restaurant but I knew that going in. Food was good (had the mahi with plantains and yellow rice), good drinks (though the mojito didn't seem to taste as good). Overall a good meal, and I would return

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

The early dinner at Columbia Restaurant café was a bit disappointing and I knew later that the Columbia Restaurant serves better food than the Café. The sea-bass was literally tasteless, the tomato salad with onions was the only thing I ate, and I am not even a fan, as for the fried chicken and polenta was less than average as my brother-in-law judged.

guestservices1905, Public Relations Manager at Columbia Cafe - Riverwalk Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

We have read your comments, and we realize that here at the Columbia Café, we don’t serve sea bass, or friend chicken and polenta. Nonetheless, if there is ever a time that your meal is not enjoyable, please ask to speak to a manager. We can then take care of whatever is wrong before you leave the restaurant. We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Genuine, delicious Cuban food in a beautiful setting overlooking Tampa's famous Riverwalk. We both enjoyed a beer with our 1905 Salad and Cuban Sandwich.

1  Thank Edward O
Reviewed August 10, 2018

I was in Tampa for a conference. I was advised by a guy I work with who used to live in Tampa to be sure and get a "Cuban" sandwich. I went to Columbia Cafe and their Cuban was very, very good as well as very filling. The people that helped us, Romy and SJ were very nice and friendly. I highly recommend a Cuban at Columbia Cafe and to talk with the friendly staff about the history of the area and their cafe.

1  Thank Terry S

Been to Columbia Cafe - Riverwalk Tampa? Share your experiences!