“Changing Loyalties”
Review of City Bike Tampa

City Bike Tampa
Ranked #29 of 89 Outdoor Activities in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: City Bike Tampa is a full service specialty bicycle shop with two locations in Downtown Tampa focused on RENTALS, GUIDED BICYCLING HISTORY TOURS, sales, service, repairs, parts and accessories. As an authorized dealer for Kona, Jamis, Eastern, Civia and KHS Bicycles, City Bike Tampa offers a broad selection of products and services for active cyclists and those looking to explore bicycling as a new part of their active lifestyle.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

After going to a decent bike shop "across town" for years, I ended up with a flat tire near downtown and thanks to my trusty i-phone, located City Bike for a quick repair. There I met Austin, a bright young lad who was quick with the repair and I found had just finished a Transamerican journey by bike from Oregon back to Florida. He was interesting, courteous, and most of all, didn't try to sell me items or services I did not need. Conversely, the "other" shop on every occasion has tried to sell me tires, tune-ups, up-graded chains that I do not need. (Which, hey, I understand they're in business to make money). But the personal connection I made at City Bike will keep me going back when I DO need tires, a tune-up, or even a new bell! Keep this young man employed!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Let me first say I do not know the owners nor have I ever heard of this place. But wow, from the minute you walk in you are treated like family. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. Repairs made on the scene and you can buy just about anything you need bike related. I brought 2 bikes in for tuning. They gave me a rental to use for the day. If you are in the area and love to ride, make this a stop on your journey.

1  Thank Sylvester B
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We are travelling with our bikes for the last 5 months and needed different things fixed at our Orbea Bikes. One of the things was a new rearwheel. We called a few days before to make sure they have a rearwheel and the time to work on our bikes. After a few questions about the wheel he told us everything is OK and he would wait for us.
We are very thankful for the good and quick work was done at our bikes. Everything worked out well and we could travel on the next day.

1  Thank Kusi1976
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Went into shop to look at bikes, owner was very helpful with selecting bike for my body fit. I Tried many different bikes for comfort. Never realized how much more comfortable a bike fit for me is to ride. The experience was so great that my husband even purchased a bike from himself also. My experience was so much better than purchasing from a big box store.
The bike shop also helps out in the community, this week they are having a toy drive. Where 120 or more bicyclist ride around downtown visiting new and upcoming restaurants while each cyclist will bring a toy! Plus the bike shop is donating a new bike for the toy drive... You don’t get that kind of kindheartedness from a box store.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I just called to ask a few very simple questions about bicycle repair and was greeted by a very impatient sounding woman named Kellie. After speaking with her for a bit, I got the overwhelming feeling that she did not want to help me, but rather get me off the phone as soon as possible. Perhaps she did this because she did not understand the questions I was asking her. I assumed by calling a bike shop that whomever I was speaking with would at least know something about bikes!

When I asked what her position was, she said she was the owner. UNBELIEVABLE! Horrible place, rude owner.

3  Thank Adam M

Been to City Bike Tampa? Share your experiences!