“Great Way to See Tampa's Riverwalk”
Review of Magic Carpet Glide

Magic Carpet Glide
Ranked #1 of 81 Tours in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: There is not a better time to be had in Tampa. Come and experience the fun and adventure to be had riding your very own Segway I2 personal transporter through beautiful downtown Tampa and its surrounding islands. Admire the sun setting over the water, dolphins playing and even a few celebrity homes as you whiz about on a Segway personal transporter.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Way to See Tampa's Riverwalk”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My teenage son and I took our second tour of Tampa's Riverwalk this weekend with Magic Carpet Glide. This time Dylan was our guide. Once he was sure everyone knew how to operate the Segway, we were off on a 6 mile round trip tour that included information on Tampa's history and a visit to the Gasparilla Art Fest. The company offers Groupons for half price rides periodically which makes it an even better value!

Visited March 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I now want to buy one”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very Fun. I seriously recommend everyone should try this at least once in their life time. Great way to tour a large city in short period of time. My husband did a segway tour with his company as a team building. He wasn't interested in going at first but aftwords told me it was so fun, we HAD to do one together. Saw Magic Carpet Glide offer on Groupon ($30 per person) so I took the opportunity to book it. I'm so happy I did. I am now looking to get a bunch of friends to do this together one day.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank TravelGoddess20
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Segway is Special”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a very unique way to sight see the beautiful city. I booked a Sunday tour from Groupon got it at 50$ for two. I went with my wife and did all the booking over the phone easily. I did this with GyroGlides which is located at the Meuseum of Fine arts at St. Petes. The person in charge Mr David is a lovely person. We were there on time and he was all set. He explained how to operate the Segway initially and made sure we had enough practise and were comfirtable before we set off. Then started the fun. We went about some beautiful parks driveways marinas beaches and hotels and some of the houses that are very old and beautiful. Mr. David explained everything neatly and never rushed us through. The Segway itself becomes fun to use and operate once you are comfirtable. The tour lasted for a little over 90 mins and My wife and myself enjoyed every bit of it. if you are new to this place you HAVE to do this. there is nothing you will regret. Was fun all the way!!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Varun2216
Homosassa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“FUN FUN FUN”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was a great time. Always want to try this and it did not disappoint. Made for a fun day in Tampa. Would do this adventure again.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank steven f
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Enjoyable Time”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Our Grandson wanted to take a Segway tour...glad he did. We had a great time. Jeff did a great job "teaching" us how to use the Segway and keeping the tour along Tampa's River Walk and around the University of Tampa enjoyable.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 54Beentheredonethat

Been to Magic Carpet Glide? Share your experiences!