“Jekyll and Hyde”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Jackson
“Jekyll and Hyde”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

On 15 Aug 13, went to LongHorn Steakhouse. Service was great , steak would melt in your mouth. Potato was cooked perfect, fell away from the skin. Went back 16 Aug 13, MISTAKE. Salads were brought out, and before we had an opportunity to finish them Steaks were brought out, when something was said to server, he explained how he could take the steaks back and then he would warm them up before he brought them back out. I asked to speak to the manager to let him know so, perhaps he could stop this from happening to someone else in the future. Manager said "I am sorry, I can put the unfinished salads in a box, and you can take them home with you, or I can take the steaks back, and warm them back up, when your done with your salads.." I was surprised, I assumed this was a fine steak restaurant. The steak turned out to be tough, the potato was not cooked all the way. It was a shame their wasn't any consistency in management or cooks.

• Visited August 2013

Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Good food ad affordable”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a great place to have a meal. It is affordable and has a great selection. I had pork chops, and they were wonderful. The servers were great and know what is the best meal to purchase. I will return in the future.

• Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Wow - outstanding!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I usually don't bother to review chain restaurants. Folks generally know what to expect, and individual chain members are usually consistent. However, in this case, the meal and overall visit were so outstanding that I want to recognize the restaurant.

The lead item was the exceptional quality of the food. My Caesar salad was one of the best tasting (dressing) that I have ever eaten. My white cheese and bacon stuffed filet was perfectly cooked and beautifully seasoned. It was mouth-watering (though not exactly diet-friendly, I'm sure). My wife was pleased with her prime rib, as well. Overall, a fantastic meal (and value).

This also struck me as a very well run restaurant. Bussing was very efficient, and I noticed that several staff pitched in. Our server (Lothario) was very concerned that we get items exactly as we wanted them, going to ask the chef or manager a couple of times to check on our requests. My wife said he was "precious". Oh, well .... Overall, we had excellent, friendly, caring service.

Based on this visit, we'll be back - more often than I would have planned! Great job, folks!

P.S. You can call ahead for seating. I didn't know that. We waited for less than 15 minutes for a table on a Saturday evening, but I suspect that it could be longer at busy times.

• Visited June 2013
Dunstable
“Next door to Howard Johnson”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stopped in here alone on the offchance and was pleasantly surprised.
Had a nice steak with fries and veg and one or seven beers!

Was offered the choice of a table in the main area or near the bar, or on a high stool at the bar.

I chose at the bar and had a few beers and watched the game on TV with others.

Waitress and barman were both very friendly and on the ball service wise.
The barman "Glenn" was a friendly guy, who kept the beers coming. Good man!

My only complaint - I vape on E-Cigs, which the waitress told me was fine to do. Americans are much more clued up and easy about E-Cigs than we are in Europe.
However, a young guy came up to me after about 90 minutes and politely asked me not to use my E-Cig, as it was against Longhorn's Company Policy.

I don't have a problem with that, but Mr Manager - maybe it would be good to have all of your staff on the same page!

All in all, a very enjoyable evening in easy surroundings.

Visited April 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“LongHorn Still Outstanding...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

How can I not go to the LongHorn while in Tampa when I happen to stay right next door at the Howard Johnson's. Inexpensive(i never use the word cheap) housing leaves more money for food.
My last vacation night is always spent in Tampa at the HoJo's on Dale Mabry because it's so close to the airport. Convenience is what I like...So once again we meandered over to the LongHorn for another example of fine food and fine service.
I just happened to beat a bit of a rush but as usual the waitstaff was more than up to the task all handling several tables with grace. My server even recognized me from my last visit. It's getting to be like Cheers. Hey, with exemplary food and service why wouldn't we keep coming back??
No steak this time but I had the broiled trout, with rice and a caesar salad all with that wonderful bread they serve. Took some back to the hotel for some late, late(like 3:30 am) eats before heading to the airport. Who sleeps on vacation anyway?? Hopeing to get back for a little weekend getaway first week in August.
Everyone's got it together in my book at the LongHorn and I always look forward to going back. Keep up the good work guys and gals...

• Visited April 2013