“not typical LongHOrn”
Review of LongHorn Steakhouse - CLOSED

LongHorn Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed March 11, 2013

food was ok but service was just ok. Looks like a smaller version of LongHorn. One person ordered a side of shrimp but server forgot to include it. Onion soup was forgotten on another. Not the best service, but was satisfied with meal.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went on a Saturday night at around 5:30 pm the place was busy. We were given a wait time of 35 minutes but it only took 15. Our server Christina was excellent. Food was as ordered and hot. It's a very small old Longhorn location way undersized but they are building a new building close bye to suit their needs better.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have been here several times. Never had to wait for a table. My wife and I enjoy the shrimp appetizer and prefer their steaks over outback. The crusted chicken breast is also outstanding. Good service is also a great plus.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We are not new to Longhorn. In fact, we frequent our local Port Richey store a few times a month. They know us there, and know what we want to drink and eat as soon as we enter the building.

It is one of our favorite steak house chains, along with Seltzers and Texas Roadhouse. As we are long term Longhorn customers (in fact, we still have 20 of their gift cards in our wallet), it's hard to complain about a seriously bad store. Nonetheless, that's what this is. Longhorn should weed out bad stores, or at a minimum, replace or retrain the staff.

So, my wife and I were at this store about 8 months ago, and were very disappointed. It was dirty. The staff was indifferent to us (we the customers), and the service was poor. We had steaks, that were very below par.

But, as we all know, every store has a bad day. So we thought that we should give them another try, given our history with Longhorn. Hmmmm.... Big mistake.

This time, we had my wifes cousin with us as well. The place was as, or more, dirty than before. Probably the dirtiest Longhorn that we've been to. O.K., I figured, they were probably busy over the holidays, and didn't have time to clean it up yet. But, I had doubts.

Things started out bad when we ordered two glasses of wine and my coke. We waited for about 15 minutes for our drinks to arrive, while we watched our waitress joking around with her friends and other new customers that had just arrived. When she finally brought our drinks, she apologized for forgetting us. No excuse...

My wife and cousin each had soup and 1/2 Prime Rib sandwich. I ordered a full Prime Rib sandwich, and requested that when the line cook make it, that there not be large chunks of fat. I was told they can't do that. I must accept it as it comes, fat or not. Disturbed by the answer, I changed my order to a shaved sirloin sandwich per the suggestion of the waitress.

The chowder soup was fairly good, but the sandwiches left a lot to be desired. The meat was really just burned scraps of grizzle, and not much of it. The food was cold (it had obviously been sitting quite a while). An alternate waitress finally delivered it (cold) after a very long wait (it was not busy at all at 4pm on New Years Day).

I waited for a long time for a refill of my coke, and even raised my hand to gain some attention. After about 8-9 minutes, may arm got sore. Our waitress finally came around and asked if I wanted a refill - to which I, of course, replied in the affirmative (I was choking on the dry sandwich). The coke refill never came.

When we departed, I asked for the manager, so I could voice our disdain. A young gal claimed to be the manager - which I doubted. I informed her that she can read this review to see how upset we were. Apparently, this store thinks that customers are stupid, and I felt we were treated that way.

We'll continue frequenting our favorite store in Port Richey, but will not return to this store again.

It's in your court now, please fix this....

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Filet was excellent and the appetizer of stuffed mushrooms was also very good. I would recommend this restaurant highly.