“Mojitos and an education? I'm in!”
Review of Secret City Walks - Ybor City - CLOSED

Secret City Walks - Ybor City
More attraction details
Owner description: Put on your headphones & experience historic Ybor City with this iPod-mp3 tour. From cigar magnates to con men, Cuban revolutionaries to lovers, the ghosts of Ybor will take you on a journey through Tampa’s spicy past. Download the tour & map on our website. Start at any time, walk at your own pace and take a break between any of the 11 stories to eat, shop or enjoy a café con leche.
Tampa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Mojitos and an education? I'm in!”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

For me Ybor City has always just been bars and clubs, but Secret City Walks-Ybor City peels back the layers of the mainstream to reveal a very interesting culture, heritage and history. My boyfriend and I took the tour around Ybor City during the evening which really ended up being a good choice. The amount of people around gave the city an energy as we walked around listening to the MP3 that comes with the tour. The soundtrack takes breaks so you're able to go in and out of cigar bars and taste the fresh mint mojitos. Overall, we had a great experience. We got a chance to learn about the historic places that we all seem not to notice as we pass by and... it brought us a little closer.

7 Thank nic0leelan