“Nice new hotel in New Tampa”

SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Ranked #29 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Powell, Ohio
“Nice new hotel in New Tampa”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We liked the room design: two comfortable queen sized beds and a separate seating area with a sectional sofa. There is a separate room with sink and toilet and another room with shower/tub and sink. The hotel is new, quiet and very clean. It is well maintained and the employees were friendly. There is an outdoor pool, but it was not functional in winter weather (water not heated). There is also a business center with free internet access. Our room had microwave and small fridge. The only minor service disconnect was during breakfast. For example, they serve waffles, but often there was no syrup. They serve dry cereal but sometimes there was no milk. The hotel can be difficult to locate but once you figure your way around the temporary contruction it is close to I-75 and the University of S. Florida campus. It is about 70 minutes from Disney Resorts and 30 minutes from downtown Tampa. Probably just over an hour from Clearwater Beach. Other than included breakfast, there is no dining facility at the hotel but there are many dining and shopping options nearby on Bruce B. Downs Blvd.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank PKPOWELL
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you for your review! We are all very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to visit soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Really enjoyed our stay here they allow pets, the room is really a really cool design with high ceilings and a cool bathroom. It's in a nice area with lots of great shopping and very new and safe. Would have expected to pay twice what I did, guess it was off season though, payed about 100 a night, but no fee for pets, free breakfast at a good clean buffet. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2010
swiss
Reviewed December 31, 2010

The hotel is new.got nice rooms but this was the worst hotel I ever stayed in.service is a dirty word for them.the teams were very loud and running through the whole building.breakfast was horrible.breakfast didn't offer bread. Manager was terrible too.we escaped from this hotel after 3 nights because of the groups.off course I don't blame the la crosse boys for this because they were excited,can't blame them at all but the hotel should better warn the other guests for enormous groups like this.the conditioner was terrible,so much noise that we were not able to sleep.never had an experience like this before.we are on a holiday because I must relax a little bit.because of my condition. but unfortunately no relaxation at all. I almost forget to,mention that the bananas at breakfast were almost rotten.the shower had almost no pressure so very uncomfortable too.pool was dirty.computer was working fine.WiFi was good.housekeeper friendly also the nice guy from maintenance was a good fellow.Kate was one of the kind frontdesk employee.the young guy was very rude but the manager tried to compensate me for his horrible behaviour at check in.I feel so very,very sorry for the elderly couple staying in de room close to ours.they were so lovely but were also bothered by all those groups.the first group was 75 people and the second group were a lot too.this is not a hotel up to,marriott standards but more like a cheap hostel.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank swissy21
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
I will respond to this comment as well, though it is from the same person as above. Again I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we did everything within our power to make your group happy, but it seems nothing we did was enough. It is evident from our other comments, and being ranked number 6 of all Springhill Suites in the world, that our hotel is nothing like a youth hostel, we are rather a typical hotel that caters to all sorts of different guests, and different guests needs, which includes traveling sports teams. Again I am sorry we were unable to make you happy, you had seemed very happy with the resolution I offered when we last spoke. I had very much enjoyed my conversations with you, but it is evident from these two comments that listening to everything you had to say every day you were here and agreeing to every request you had was not enough.
miami
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My family and I enjoyed our one night stay. The rooms are comfortable and well designed, The lobby and breakfast areas were well appointed, with lots of light and comfortable furniture. Breakfast was included and offered the standard chain-of-this'-price variety of make your own waffles, cereals, instant eggs and microwave sausage. Though the location is a bit remote, it's a nice area out of the bustle near Busch Gardens, and perfect if traveling on I75 and want a place close to it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank juanlb
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed here for four days while some work was being done at my house. I really enjoyed staying here, it was new, clean and they had a nice buffet breakfast. It was a pet friendly hotel and I was able to bring my two cats with me too!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Stayed here in September 2010. Hotel was perfect in every way. Will stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
tbo01
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel and I absolutely loved it.The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were beautiful and they had a modern look to them. The lobby decor was very pretty. The beds slept comfortably. The only negative thing I have to say is the breakfast should have offered more hot cereals. I really enjoyed my visit and I plan to stay here again whenever i'm in the Tampa area.

• Stayed September 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa North - Wesley Chapel

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!