WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #28 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Business Stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this property several times. I returned for 2 days last week. Staff is very sweet and the rooms are always clean. Restaurants and interstate are close. Breakfast had plenty of choices. They offer happy hour during the week too.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you were happy with your stay, and that we are your go-to business hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our property, especially since this was a work trip. I can only imagine how busy your schedule is. We hope to see you soon, and I will definitely pass these comments on to my fellow staff and, of course, we hope to see you for happy hour on Tuesday and Wednesdays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

This Springhill is designed the same as any other Springhill but that is where the comparison stops. The staff isn't friendly; they don't greet you as you leave and enter. The woman at checkout didn't even speak to me. They are just there to do the minimum. They have an evening reception which is nice. However they don't tell you about it at check in or at any other time. The lobby was dirty when we checked in and our bathroom was disgusting. I don't think they ever cleaned behind the sink or along the baseboards. It's like they just mopped the center of the floor. I thought the beds were uncomfortable but that isn't their fault. Just a personal preference and you can't please everyone in that regard. The breakfast was typical though it was the same thing both mornings including the same muffin flavor. The problem was that the area was dirty with a lot of dirty tables. I asked the attendant a question but she just looked at me and walked away. Overall, I won't stay here again. There are too many options to choose a substandard Marriott property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

First, let me start off by saying thank you for your comments about the Springhill Suites Tampa North. It sounds like you had quite a negative experience, and I'm glad you have written your review for we can correct these issues in the future. I apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay, and especially our staff and room cleanliness. Please contact me directly at (813) 558-0300 and I would love to personally speak with you for we could make this up and regain your trust and confidence in this Marriott Springhill Suites. We take your comments very seriously, and we will definitely work on improving you and all of our future guests' stay. We aim to strive for perfection, and when we don't, we aim to fix the issues as well. I hope to speak with you soon.
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Clean, friendly, typical Springhill Suites. Comfortable bed. Would definitely stay here again if in the neighborhood. Friendly staff. Professional. All rooms have fridge and microwave. Breakfast typical breakfast fare of eggs, sausage, etc. Have stayed here on several occasions.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CherylOrlando
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid comments about the Marriott Springhill Suites Tampa North. We greatly appreciate any kind of feedback, positive or negative. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, and for coming back! We pride ourselves on great customer service, which is always professional. We hope to see you sooner than later when you are in the neighborhood. Thank you once again, for taking the time to review our property.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very good hotel for short stay, buffet breakfast excellent, very clean and an excellent treatment by staff, close to attractions, rooms very comfortable and clean, very quiet and no external noise, definitely recommend

1 Thank CasanovaFamily
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It seems to me that you had an excellent stay, and was perfect in every way. Thank you for commending our room cleanliness, and our breakfast buffett. These two things always go unnoticed by guests, and I will definitely show them your praise. We hope to see you soon when you come visit the parks! Thank you for your positive review once again!
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were in the area to visit Busch Gardens (about a 10-15 minute drive away) and about a 30 minute drive from the airport. The hotel is off the beaten path but close to restaurants, shopping outlet and other shops. However, you will not find a souvenir shop or many souvenirs in the area.
It was a wonderful hotel - quiet, nice lobby and clean modern rooms (European feel). We felt very safe. The breakfast was good - had a variety (fruit, breads, eggs, meat, etc.). The staff was great and helpful especially Lauren (she remembered our names). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, and that you enjoyed the parks. Thank you for your candid comments, and praising our room style and hot breakfast. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our property.I am so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast, which sometimes goes alittle unappreciated for how hard our lovely ladies work. I will defintely tell them that you enjoyed our assortment. Finally, thank you for your comments about our staff and myself. I truly believe that a staff is what makes a difference in a hotel, whether they are cheery and helpful or not. I am so glad that I was able to meet you during your vacation at Busch Gardens. We hope that next time you are in the area, please come see us again!
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our family just enjoyed staying at SpringHill Suites by Marriott - Tampa North/Tampa Palms during a weekend getaway to visit Busch Gardens & Adventure Island. This hotel was 10-15 minutes away from the parks. There were plenty of other hotels that were closer to the parks but the larger rooms at SpringHill encouraged us to book there. It didn't hurt that the hotel was away from the parks. Not nearly as crowded. Near many restaurants and a very big and pretty cool movie theater. Our room had two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The entire property was very clean and well taken care of. Breakfast is included. Nothing super-fancy but it got the job done. Definitely a hotel worth staying at if you're in the area.

Location
1 Thank ssy24
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased that we were able to accomodate you at our property. Thank you for taking the time to review us, we definitely appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you for your candid thoughts about our location, breakfast and our european style rooms. We pride ourselves on the seperate vanity and bath, which makes for easier accomodations when taking a shower/ doing hair or makeup.We hope you enjoyed the parks, and that you will be staying us again when you come for your mini- vacation to Busch Gardens.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Overall this hotel was very good. We travled here to celebrate my little brothers 11th birthday and for a mini family getaway.They had a pretty good breakfast selection and the rooms were as great as the pictures. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms very clean

The only 2 issues we had were that on the first day upon arrival, the area close to the elevators in the lobby smelled like a wet dog. It still smelled upon return from the theme park but we didn't have any issues after that. The other issue is that when the toilet was flushed it ran very loudly for about a minute.

Again, overall really good hotel. Lauren at the front desk remember my mom by name and greeted her each time we saw her. Very friendly staff and beautiful hotel. We will definitely be staying here again.

Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lauren F, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid comments about your hotel stay. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Overall, I am glad you enjoyed your vacation even though some instances were not perfect for you. I hope you will stay with us again for your birthdays or when you just want to get away and go to the parks! Thank you for your kind words about breakfast and our customer service. I wanted to make you and your family feel more at home all the time. We hope to see you soon! Thank you!