“Pleasant stays”

SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Ranked #46 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have stayed here several times over the past 6 months. The hotel sits back a little ways off the main road but is easy to find and convenient to I-75, shopping and many restaurants. The hotel staff is always courteous and check-in prompt. Since I have stayed here before, I usually request a room in certain areas of the hotel, and those requests have always been met. Breakfast is adequate, with additional options such as waffles on the weekends. The rooms have always been clean with comfortable beds. I enjoy the extra seating area and the convenience of having a refrigerator and microwave. While the two separate bath areas are a benefit, the lighting is less than adequate in both. As for the odor that several reviewers have mentioned, I have noticed a different "smell" in most rooms. Although not terribly offensive, it is noticeable immediately. I have decided that it may be due to either what they use to wash the linens or something in the ventilation. Regardless, it hasn't been a big issue for me. I have always gotten the rooms at a fair price and will continue to stay here as long as that value continues.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the interstate. Some rooms have showers only and some have tub/shower combo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for your continued patronage. It is guests like you that give us the motivation and the incentive to provide the best service and experience possible. We appreciate the kind words about our team members and the hotel. In regards to the smell in the room, we do apologize. We will definitely look into this more. It is our determination to make each guest 100% satisfied with their stay each time they visit us. Thank you for your review and we can’t wait to see you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

What a disappointing experience. We had stayed here just 1 year prior and had an amazing experience. It's sad to see a hotel take a complete u turn. We arrived and got to our room, I immediately noticed a massive stain on the carpet. Gross. Moved us to another room. Still another stain on the carpet but by that point I was too tired to care. Tried working the thermostat and a terrible smell started to come out.

Never again. There are so many other great hotels in the area. I wish I had listened to the other reviews! This place was so nice in November 2012!!!

The only redeeming quality of this place is the breakfast area. I don't remember the woman's name who was in charge, but she deserves a raise. Wonderful breakfast experience, but I don't stay at a hotel for the breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to give us feedback!

We strive for service excellence with all of our guests and your comment has allowed me to share the feedback with my housekeeping and maintenance team and ensure this does not happen for future guests.We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short and I simply ask for the opportunity to speak to you and come to a resolution.Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.If you would like to discuss this matter in further detail, please contact me directly at 813-558-0300.

Thank you again for your feedback. We sincerely hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you visit Tampa.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Spent some Christmas vacation time in Tampa and was very pleased with the size of the room and the unique layout. Our family of five needs a large room with two queens and a sleeper sofa. This room with fridge, microwave and separate room for the toilet was great. We also look for free breakfast. The breakfast was average fare but the dinning area was lacking seating. Free wifi was also appreciated. We would return to this hotel on our next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your stay with us at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We appreciate you pointing out the size and functionality of our rooms. We are so happy that your family of five was able to be comfortable in the suite. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is great for its value, esp. the deal with breakfast included. I stayed in a room with 2 queens and a sofa bed with my family of 4 and it fit us all perfectly. You can honestly sleep 6 people in this room comfortably. Rooms were nice and modern with comfy beds and a nice separation of the toilet from the shower area. Breakfast was also very good with variety unlike Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Lived up to the true Marriott standard. My only complaint were the appliances such as the iron and hair dryer which seems like it came from the 70's. My most favorite aspect of this hotel was the staff and their service. They were always friendly. I would stay here for sure again with its proximity to everything from restaurants, shops, to the university!

Room Tip: Since this property is located near a highway, I'd suggest staying away from rooms on the east s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Tripadvisor community. It is a fact that the staff is what differentiates properties from each other, thank you for recognizing the efforts from our staff. Also thank you for the feedback about our in room appliances. We appreciate any constructive feedbck that can help make our guests stay more enjoyable. We hope to have you as our guest next time your travels bring you back into the area.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a great hotel. The staff are all friendly and make you feel at home. The décor is modern with many artistic touches and the entire property was very clean. Our room was large and spacious. I particularly liked the layout of the desk work area and sofa. I do agree with the one other reviewer regarding the lower light level in the main bathroom.

The high speed Internet was easy to use and had decent bandwidth. The complimentary breakfast is better than most found in this type of property. The manager's reception is also a very nice opportunity to socialize while enjoying a nice happy hour. We stayed here instead of a nearby Hampton Inn because of the manager's reception.

There are plenty of restaurants and grocery stores within a short distance. Overall, we would definitely stay here again on a future visit to the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of your stay for the Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the room, and found the rest of the amenities to your liking. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and management. To us, the guest is our number one priority. We want everyone to feel right at home. We look forward to have you as our guest again when your travels bring you back into the area.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is great! The only negatives I could find was the bathroom set up is weird and the lighting in the bathroom mirror is not very bright. Also the breakfast area was a little cramped but was not a bad breakfast at all.The lobby and the people working there are super nice. The rooms were nice, bright, and roomy. I would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your feedback about your experiences here at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our property clean. We appreciate your feedback about the setup and lighting in the bathroom and the functionality of our breakfast area. We do hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a great hotel. It's a good location. It's close to shopping and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful. We found the room to be very clean. The bed was very comfy. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DEBBI1950

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels and also for taking the time to post a review for the Tripadvisor community. We are extremely pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay and that you found the hotel amenities to your liking. We hope to have an opportunity again in the future to have you as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
4 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!