“Great Value and Large Rooms”

SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Ranked #29 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Value and Large Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Spent some Christmas vacation time in Tampa and was very pleased with the size of the room and the unique layout. Our family of five needs a large room with two queens and a sleeper sofa. This room with fridge, microwave and separate room for the toilet was great. We also look for free breakfast. The breakfast was average fare but the dinning area was lacking seating. Free wifi was also appreciated. We would return to this hotel on our next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your stay with us at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We appreciate you pointing out the size and functionality of our rooms. We are so happy that your family of five was able to be comfortable in the suite. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is great for its value, esp. the deal with breakfast included. I stayed in a room with 2 queens and a sofa bed with my family of 4 and it fit us all perfectly. You can honestly sleep 6 people in this room comfortably. Rooms were nice and modern with comfy beds and a nice separation of the toilet from the shower area. Breakfast was also very good with variety unlike Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Lived up to the true Marriott standard. My only complaint were the appliances such as the iron and hair dryer which seems like it came from the 70's. My most favorite aspect of this hotel was the staff and their service. They were always friendly. I would stay here for sure again with its proximity to everything from restaurants, shops, to the university!

Room Tip: Since this property is located near a highway, I'd suggest staying away from rooms on the east s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Tripadvisor community. It is a fact that the staff is what differentiates properties from each other, thank you for recognizing the efforts from our staff. Also thank you for the feedback about our in room appliances. We appreciate any constructive feedbck that can help make our guests stay more enjoyable. We hope to have you as our guest next time your travels bring you back into the area.
Mountainair, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a great hotel. The staff are all friendly and make you feel at home. The décor is modern with many artistic touches and the entire property was very clean. Our room was large and spacious. I particularly liked the layout of the desk work area and sofa. I do agree with the one other reviewer regarding the lower light level in the main bathroom.

The high speed Internet was easy to use and had decent bandwidth. The complimentary breakfast is better than most found in this type of property. The manager's reception is also a very nice opportunity to socialize while enjoying a nice happy hour. We stayed here instead of a nearby Hampton Inn because of the manager's reception.

There are plenty of restaurants and grocery stores within a short distance. Overall, we would definitely stay here again on a future visit to the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of your stay for the Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the room, and found the rest of the amenities to your liking. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and management. To us, the guest is our number one priority. We want everyone to feel right at home. We look forward to have you as our guest again when your travels bring you back into the area.
reedgrluf
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is great! The only negatives I could find was the bathroom set up is weird and the lighting in the bathroom mirror is not very bright. Also the breakfast area was a little cramped but was not a bad breakfast at all.The lobby and the people working there are super nice. The rooms were nice, bright, and roomy. I would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback about your experiences here at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our property clean. We appreciate your feedback about the setup and lighting in the bathroom and the functionality of our breakfast area. We do hope to have you as our guest again in the future!
Holt, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a great hotel. It's a good location. It's close to shopping and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful. We found the room to be very clean. The bed was very comfy. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DEBBI1950
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels and also for taking the time to post a review for the Tripadvisor community. We are extremely pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay and that you found the hotel amenities to your liking. We hope to have an opportunity again in the future to have you as our guest.
miami, fl.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel. Not sure how old it is but if not new it must be newly remodeled. The lobby was really pretty with curtains of beads surrounding the breakfast area. The rooms are modern as well. The shower area is separate from the toilet. There is a sleeper sofa and desk area separated from the main room by a glass partition. My only warning is to stay away from the two sets of rooms nearest the highway. Mine was 309 (one room away from the end of the corridor) and the highway noise kept me up at night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy a restful night’s sleep while you were with us. I can assure you, the staff wants nothing more than your complete satisfaction. We are, however, delighted that you enjoyed the layout and the functionality of our guest rooms. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Tampa area you will give us the opportunity to put you on the opposite end of the hallway in order to get a good night’s sleep.
cagedmonkees
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed there almost a week recently. The hotel is fresh and clean looking. The staff is friendly (especially the breakfast lady during the week). They vary the menu slightly. Fresh strawberries, oatmeal, delicious multi grain bread, fresh spinach, eggs and sausage. During the weekend they add waffles and biscuits n gravy.

Beds were comfortable - even the coach rollaway. Although it is a bit "out in the boonies" the area, Tampa Palms/New Tampa gives a feeling of security. Two exits east put you in the run down Busch Gardens area. Definitely worth the extra 5 minute drive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your stay with us at the Springhill Suites Tampa North. We appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness of our rooms and our close proximity to Busch Gardens. We are delighted to hear that all our amenities were to your liking, especially the variety our breakfast has to offer, during your stay and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!