New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms

SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Ranked #32 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice rooms and friendly, attentive staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a good alternative if you want to be on the north/northeast side of Tampa. We were going to Busch Gardens, so it was perfect. It's right next to I-75, which is great for convenience, but, as I found out the hard way, is really noisy throughout the entire night due to the volume of trucking. The noise was bad enough that I had a really hard time sleeping the first night. After the first night, I asked to be switched to a room on the farthest end of the hotel facing away from the highway. Even though the hotel was heavily booked, Laurel was great at finding me a room that worked and the rest of my stay was much more pleasant. The rooms are decent size and the bed is fairly comfortable. The bathrooms have opaque glass doors, which look pretty stylish, but are not the greatest for function because if someone goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night or showers really early the light shines through the glass and makes it hard to sleep. Also, the doors are noisy and heavy and make a loud bang when closed which can also wake up the other room occupant. None of this stuff should be deal breakers, but is just small things that I noticed during my four nights there. The breakfast is good except that the oatmeal is placed in a place that makes it really difficult and almost dangerous to get to because one has to reach up and over a glass canopy to maneuver the ladel while simultaneously holding a bowl under the canopy. Hopefully, someone from the hotel will read this and move it so it is more easily accessible. Anyway, overall a good place to stay if you need to be near USF or any of the area hospitals or is you are going to Busch Gardens. If you are a light sleeper and need a really quiet room, make sure to request a room on the back side of the hotel away from I-75.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from I-75 and at the farthest end of the hotel away from I-75, otherwise the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Medellin, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Fairly new, a little tricky to find, next to the USAA builnding which is the tallest in the area.
Small pool, no jacuzzi, good breakfast.
Not a big fan of the bathroom set-up, shower is in a different room from sink, just seems a bit odd.
Nice big couch.
Fairly close to USF, but as stated - bruce b downs, the road close to the hotel, sucks at rush hour - lots of construction and traffic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Etna, WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We drove into Tampa the day before our flight home and really were lucky to find this place. It was immaculately clean and our room was very well appointed. The staff was always smiling and we wished we had stayed here a few days longer. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here on business after selecting it from the corporate travel site. Was not really sure where it was or what I was getting other than the Marriott name. First impression on walking into the main lobby was very contemporary/European, bright, and tropical. The rooms are similar, clean and roomy with a great work area. The morning breakfast was typical without anything out of the ordinary. We did a manager's reception one night that was very enjoyable. The manager was friendly, outgoing, and mingled with the guests making us feel welcomed. The next time in the area it will be the hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Bit of a challenge to find. Be sure to have directions or a Garmin.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

New modern, European?, decor. Nice staff,good breakfast. Good location if you need to be on the Northwest side of Tampa. Location. Not so good if you want to be near the tourist places. Traffic at the intersection of I-75 and BruceB.Downs is awful due to major road construction. Otherwise the area is pretty with a very nice area for walking, eating and shopping.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Yamini T, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Marriott SpringHill Suites-Tampa North; it was a pleasure having you with us. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience, your feedback enables us to reflect on our performance and work on exceeding expectation next time. And completely agree with you for sometime about traffic due to construction BUT the good part is the bridge is completing soon and opening is this February end of month. Look forward to serve you soon next time! Thank you once again!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is my fourth time staying at this Springhill Suites Hotel. I am in Tampa for business every month. I have my choice of hotels to stay at and I choose this location. The entire staff is awesome I cannot say enough good things about them.
The staff remembers me when I come back each month. It's nice to greet a friendly smile at the front desk and throughout the property. The hospitality staff is awesome. They keep the breakfast area well stocked with hot eggs, ham/sausage, old fashioned oatmeal, waffle station, cereal, pastries, etc. My favorite hot tea packets was personally brought over to my table!! Awesome!! She remembered what tea brand I drank considering the amount of people staying at this location.
The rooms are separated into a living room and bedroom area. The bathroom is perfect for those traveling with a family. There is a toilet and sink in one room and walkin shower and sink in another room. The wi fi works well at the hotel.
There are several very nice restaurants in close proximity. Great stay!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for going out of your way to share experience about your recent stay at our SpringHill Suites By Marriott -Tampa North. It's great to hear how much you've enjoyed staying with us & we're delighted to hear how we're one of your favorite hotels. We strive to go above and beyond with every one of our guests. Each guest is very special to us all and we really love having you stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again!

Thank you once again ! Warm Regards !
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed 3 weeks due to relocating. Rooms were large and had great desk which was separated from bed area by screen. Lovely sofa and table that was very functional. Bed was the most comfy I have ever slept in, still miss it ! Great rates, good breakfast and wifi was upgraded whilst we were there, you will not have any issues with the Internet speed. In short I would recommend this hotel, staff are wonderful and very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Cheeriopippip
Yamini T, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your compliments regarding our team and our facility. I also appreciate your feedback regarding our internet service.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the SpringHill Suites-Tampa North; it was a pleasure having you with us. Warm Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!