“Wonderful long term stay”

SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Ranked #38 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed 3 weeks due to relocating. Rooms were large and had great desk which was separated from bed area by screen. Lovely sofa and table that was very functional. Bed was the most comfy I have ever slept in, still miss it ! Great rates, good breakfast and wifi was upgraded whilst we were there, you will not have any issues with the Internet speed. In short I would recommend this hotel, staff are wonderful and very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Cheeriopippip
Yamini T, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your compliments regarding our team and our facility. I also appreciate your feedback regarding our internet service.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the SpringHill Suites-Tampa North; it was a pleasure having you with us. Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a great time staying at this hotel for a family event. Despite the place being absolutely packed, the staff did a good job of keeping things clean and on track. The staff were all friendly and competent.

The room was a nice design, the bed was comfortable, and my kids loved the fresh waffles at breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mara G
Yamini T, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Mara G,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to respond to TRIPADVISOR regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our your stay at our property during that very busy weekend. I have shared your comment of the staff's efficiency during our daily celebration. Your comments made their day. Thank you again for your patronage.

Posted on behalf of Barbara Scott, General Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I travel frequently and this is one of the best values in a hotel that I've ever stayed in. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are huge, the beds are fantastic...etc. This is only place I'll stay when in Tampa in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SaintAugTraveler
Yamini T, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you very much for the great review! We truly believe that it's the people that make the difference between a good hotel and a great one. We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience. And look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I just love this hotel!! We have booked the Springhill Suites in Tampa Palms several times in the past few months when visiting family in the area and each stay has been a treat. Every staff person we have encountered has been extremely pleasant, courteous, and has gone out of their way to be helpful. I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 9MaryJane

Dear MaryJane,
We are elated to know that you continue to receive excellent customer service from our staff and enjoy our location. Please continue to allow us to accommodate you when visiting in the area. I will definitely share the great compliments with our GREAT team. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at the front desk around 3:15 after spending the afternoon helping our daughter move dorm rooms. We are in need of a quick shower in order to be on time for a dinner at 5:30.
The receptionist tells us that they will not have a room for us for at least one hour! My Marriott Gold Elite status would not affect that time at all...
I went online, booked the Courtyard, cancelled that reservation, and walked out.
This property is in need of better management!
We will never go back...

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Claude D

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed check in. We usually adhere to our check- in time of 3pm. Your concerns were addressed and shared with our management and staff. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to have you as our guest again and allow us to provide you with exceptional and timely service that you deserve.
Thank you once again, your feedback will help to make us better in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Traveled to Tampa for work. The hotel was very clean with a modern colors and design. The rooms were spacious and quiet. I liked having a separate sitting area in the evenings to read and watch TV. The complimentary breakfast was good offering hot and cold options. Only downside was the traffic getting to the main road taking me to the office a few miles away. I would sit in traffic at least 15 mins each morning. Next time I would probably stay closer to my office.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at the Springhill Suites on a weekend trip to Tampa for two nights (Friday/Satuday), and had zero complaints. When we first walked into the lobby, I was definitely surprised at how "chic" and modern the decor was. Props to Marriott for spiffing up their hotels! It felt almost like a boutique hotel. Very easy on the eyes, and was very clean as well.

Our room was super comfortable, and I just have one tip to give to those who are staying here for the first time- even though the window AC unit looks like you would manually turn it up or down (or on/off), don't be fooled like we were. The room has a wall thermostat by the door. We felt like total idiots after realizing this. Hey, we may be the only "slow" people who missed the very obvious-looking thermostat on the wall- but the fact that the window unit had it's own controls was very confusing! Once we found the thermostat, we were good to go. The bed was perfectly comfy and clean, and all the room decor was just as sleek and modern as the lobby. The shower was clean, and water temperature and pressure good. The room layout was a little odd- had a separate "bathroom" with a toilet and a mini sink in addition to the "big" sink with vanity and the shower. But, that's really just a side note- not a complaint!

Otherwise, we didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast because we met with friends each morning. But we passed it on the way out the door, and I can definitely say it looked and smelled really good. We took a peek at the pool, which is at the back of the property, but didn't actually use it (didn't bring our suits). Nothing really to write home about- but it looked clean (no leaves, dirt, etc.) and well-maintained. My only other observation about the hotel was that there wasn't always someone at the front desk. When I went down to grab some extra towels, I had to wait for maybe 5 minutes for someone to appear. It didn't bother me, as I was not in a hurry- but some might be! When the staff did appear, they were very polite, friendly, and accommodating.

Overall, we had a great experience and no problems at all. The property was easy to get to from the highway (75), checking in and checking out was very easy, and the room & lobby definitely met our expectations. Especially for the price! A great bargain, considering the obvious remodeling that's been done to the property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple