WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms

SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Ranked #28 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Peoria, Illinois
“Better bring a stamp and an envelope”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Property looks great from the outside and the rooms aren't too bad. Typical tropical insects in the room. But the MAIN thing that I was not happy about is how ______ slow the Internet is. The hotel during my stay was not nearly full. Wired or wireless? Forget it. You better bring a stamp and an envelope if you want to send someone a message. It will get there faster than email from this place.

Room Tip: IF you decide to stay here, ask to be on the west side away from I-75.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ken E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have come to expect anything when it comes to pet friendly hotels with the large chain hotels. To my surprise this new hotel was anything but ordinary. It's new, sleek, modern decor makes the rooms warm and inviting while maximizing space. We stayed for three nights in a Two queen bed suite with a toddler and our 90lbs dog without any problems or space restriction. We had plenty of room to spread out. The room even had a separate bath area from toilet facilities (separate sinks in each area!)...which was extremely handy. There was a HUGE closet to put the suitcases and non essentials away...which is a rare treat. The work station in the living room space was comfortable and convenient. Marriott definitely thought of everything when designing this space.The main lobby area mirrored the efficiency of design that the room had. The staff was super friendly and helpful! Housekeeping was incredibly punctual when needing additional help in the room.

The only thing to be aware of when staying at this particular location IS the location. While conviniently located off 75, you could hear the sound of traffic from the highway. If you are a light sleeper or not used to it, it may bother you. Also at the time of our visit, there was some heavy congestion on the main roads due to road construction so plan ahead when coming and going out of the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights. Building is very new and rooms are large and well conceived. There are 2 bathrooms in the suite which is very convenient. T AC is relatively quiet.
Staff was very friendly. The breakfast area is in the large lobby space, so morning rush is manageable. Ifound the whole property to be very clean.
The only reason, I did not rank it 5 stars, is that the internet connection was very slow. I tried both wired and wireless with similar results. Usind speedtest.net, some nights it max'd out at about 130 kbs. I switched to using my own MiFi hotspot.

Room Tip: bilding is perpendicular to Highway 75, so both sides have the same noise exposure.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

First class hotel - Staff very attentive and friendly

Very new location modern rooms loved the sitting area and desk being separated from sleeping area - Room Very clean Next time in Tampa definitely staying here!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of hotel face a natural area so very private and quite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I plan to spread the compliments to the appropriate departments. We always try and give each guest personalized attention. We feel that when you stay at the Marriott you are staying with extended family. Also, in regards to breakfast, we appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge a small detail that takes great effort when we are busy. I know the staff at breakfast will appreciate your kind words as well. We do look forward to seeing you when you visit Tampa again.
Ranst
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel is very contemporary and looks great. The room is huge and very comfortable. Front desk is very friendly. Breakfast can be crowded but overall very ok. We had a very good stay at this hotel.
Only minor point is the swimming pool area, the chairs were all broken and it gave a run down look to it. Strange for a hotel that is well maintained for the rest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wesley Chapel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Management POOR! Dogs stay all over the hotel, they tell you they have certain rooms for them but thats a lie! A\Cs Horrible and Breakfast quality and sanitary POOR!

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday inn around the corner!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Check in was fine we were later than I expected due to other appointments but we arrived about 4AM to a not so friendly face but oh well who is friendly at 4AM, cards were already for us and up we went to the 4th floor. Nice modern décor in the lobby, identified the breakfast area and off we went to the elevator that had a really peculiar smell (my nose is sensitive so I didn’t think much of it the first night). The room was huge, fresh and clean 2 queen beds with wonderful mattresses and tons of pillows. Shower area separate from toilet and two sinks were a plus. No complaints about the room, housekeeping came everyday and I used the do not disturb every morning with no issues.

Breakfast was continental with the additional of scrambles eggs and sausage gravy, no meat but oh well we ate there 1 out of 3 mornings, nothing special but hey it’s included. We did not use the pool so I can’t comment on that. Construction is still ongoing so plan accordingly also directions from MapQuest were a little misleading once you exit 75.

Overall love the property as I’m a Marriott kind of lady! However that elevator smell got worse by the day, I finally asked the front desk no ventilation in the elevator the smell is the carpet which they are replacing soon.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple