“Great modern rooms - slow internet”

SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Ranked #29 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great modern rooms - slow internet”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights. Building is very new and rooms are large and well conceived. There are 2 bathrooms in the suite which is very convenient. T AC is relatively quiet.
Staff was very friendly. The breakfast area is in the large lobby space, so morning rush is manageable. Ifound the whole property to be very clean.
The only reason, I did not rank it 5 stars, is that the internet connection was very slow. I tried both wired and wireless with similar results. Usind speedtest.net, some nights it max'd out at about 130 kbs. I switched to using my own MiFi hotspot.

Room Tip: bilding is perpendicular to Highway 75, so both sides have the same noise exposure.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 6, 2012

First class hotel - Staff very attentive and friendly

Very new location modern rooms loved the sitting area and desk being separated from sleeping area - Room Very clean Next time in Tampa definitely staying here!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of hotel face a natural area so very private and quite
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ruth C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I plan to spread the compliments to the appropriate departments. We always try and give each guest personalized attention. We feel that when you stay at the Marriott you are staying with extended family. Also, in regards to breakfast, we appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge a small detail that takes great effort when we are busy. I know the staff at breakfast will appreciate your kind words as well. We do look forward to seeing you when you visit Tampa again.
Ranst
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel is very contemporary and looks great. The room is huge and very comfortable. Front desk is very friendly. Breakfast can be crowded but overall very ok. We had a very good stay at this hotel.
Only minor point is the swimming pool area, the chairs were all broken and it gave a run down look to it. Strange for a hotel that is well maintained for the rest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wesley Chapel
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Management POOR! Dogs stay all over the hotel, they tell you they have certain rooms for them but thats a lie! A\Cs Horrible and Breakfast quality and sanitary POOR!

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday inn around the corner!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Check in was fine we were later than I expected due to other appointments but we arrived about 4AM to a not so friendly face but oh well who is friendly at 4AM, cards were already for us and up we went to the 4th floor. Nice modern décor in the lobby, identified the breakfast area and off we went to the elevator that had a really peculiar smell (my nose is sensitive so I didn’t think much of it the first night). The room was huge, fresh and clean 2 queen beds with wonderful mattresses and tons of pillows. Shower area separate from toilet and two sinks were a plus. No complaints about the room, housekeeping came everyday and I used the do not disturb every morning with no issues.

Breakfast was continental with the additional of scrambles eggs and sausage gravy, no meat but oh well we ate there 1 out of 3 mornings, nothing special but hey it’s included. We did not use the pool so I can’t comment on that. Construction is still ongoing so plan accordingly also directions from MapQuest were a little misleading once you exit 75.

Overall love the property as I’m a Marriott kind of lady! However that elevator smell got worse by the day, I finally asked the front desk no ventilation in the elevator the smell is the carpet which they are replacing soon.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MzNikki130
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is a very new SpringHill Suite and it showed. The room and the building were in excellent condition. We were very pleased with the size and comfort of the room.

The decor of the hotel is very contemporary and may not be to everyone's taste. However, we enjoyed the room and it was laid out in a very thoughful manner. All five of us (including a baby) fit in the room very well.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. When we were checking out, it was pouring rain outside. The lady at the front desk offered me an umbrella so that I could be dry as I pulled my car around to the overhang.

We loved the property and would go back in a heartbeat if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank disneyworldnerd
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We really loved staying at this hotel. It's clearly a new property, was sparkling clean and all of the areas - common area, gym, rooms - were very spacious.

This is a newer Springhill, and the decor is very modern and bright. Our room, which was with two double beds, was enormous. I really liked that there was a vanity area in the main room itself, where I could store some of my personal items (jewelry, hair stuff) outside of the bathroom area. The breakfast area was nice and big, and offered an outdoor spot if you want to enjoy your complimentary eats in the fresh air.

We were a little disappointed to learn there was only a pool and no hot tub, and the pool wasn't heated - too cold to go into in February. Burr!

The only thing that somewhat ruined our stay - our AC would go through these spasms in the middle of the night that sounded like someone was walking on empty plastic water bottles - LOUDLY, and kept waking us up. We let the staff at the front desk know before we left, but they didn't seem to view it as a big deal.

Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa North - Wesley Chapel

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!