All reviewsseparate shower and toiletfrosted glassfront deskshower areabruce b downsroom layoutcomplimentary breakfast was goodbusiness parkred lobsterthe breakfast areaolive gardensitting areayogurtrefrigerator and microwavewaffle makerking suitegood nights sleep
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for business this week. The service was very good. The hotel and rooms are clean. The rooms are all suites and are very comfortable. The beds were great. I liked the layout of the room...very spacious. I also liked that the bathroom was separated with the shower and sink in one area and the toilet in another.

The breakfast was free and basic, although had eggs, waffles and oatmeal for hot items. Overall, very good value.

The only bad feature, especially for a business traveler, was the wifi connection speed was horrible. Also, they only had one computer in the business center. It was frequently being used. The speed was also very slow. I ended up printing my boarding pass at work.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank satxsptsfan
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Had no HVAC issues like previous reviewer. They should've relocated those folks with the first complaint. We needed a basic place near airport 4 1 night & this fit the bill. Free wifi was a consideration. Thought it odd that there was a kitchenette with NO dishes, silverware etc. that would be an unpleasant surprise if u arrived with your food & had nothing to eat it with/on.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary-Ellen T
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night (Check-in on January 15, 2012 and Check-out on January 16, 2012) because we needed somewhere to stay in Tampa as we were going to Busch Gardens. We checked in at around 3:10 P.M. and got a room right away in room # 513. When we came in the room, it was very clean, modern, and the bathroom was amazing. The room was very warm so I turned on the A/C to cool the room down to 68 degrees as the room was 72 degrees and stuffy. Everything was great when we entered. We really didn't stay in the room when we checked in because we went out to go get something to eat and wanted to see around Tampa and Clearwater. When we came back to the hotel the room was still 72 degrees and warm. So I called the front desk to find out what was going on and said to turn it off and turn it back on again and it should work fine. So I did that and the A/C turned on. After about 30 mins later the heater turned on by itself. I called again to the front desk and said that because of the temperature outside the heater will turn on back again so I need to turn it off and on again and again. How inconvenient! It was a window A/C unit. In such a new hotel that was built in 2010, it has a window A/C and not a central A/C system. I couldn't believe that. So I went ahead and turned it off for a long time and opened the window. It was so loud outside because the I-75 was right next to the hotel. I had to close that too. Then I turned on the A/C again and it was working fine for a few hours but it was so loud as if I was working in a factory. The heater then turned on again. I got so pissed and I couldn't sleep all night. It was the worst night I ever had! I would never stay at this hotel again because I couldn't sleep all night. I was glad I was only there for 1 night. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Despite being such a modern hotel, it needs alot of improvement before I would stay here again. They did have FREE breakfast in the morning. Other than that I would not stay here again and when I go to Tampa again, I will stay somewhere else. The front desk offered me to change rooms but they said that all the rooms are the same. Don't stay at this hotel and try to find somewhere else. Sorry Springhill Suites but this was the worst stay I have ever had.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank s2011snak
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for two nights, the staff are so friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. There was a problem with my reservation which they sorted immediately. The hotel goes beyond any regular hotel and provides a free breakfast and free internet with printing facilities (handy for tourists who don't travel with laptop). The hotel is so clean and the rooms are a great size. Excellent stay!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KateH15
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Every staff member we interacted with was super-friendly and every one always had a smile and a great attitude - happy to see people that enjoy their jobs. Everything in this hotel is immaculate, from the grounds to the lobby and other common areas and our room as well. The suites are amazingly spacious with a large sectional couch that pulls out to a sofabed, a desk area, very comfortable beds with top-quality bedding, plenty of lighting, large flat-screen TV and plush bathroom facilities. There was even a walk-in closet in the room - when's the last time you've seen that in a hotel at this level?! They are very pet-friendly ($50.00 refundable pet deposit) which is always a plus, with one of the front-desk clerks even looking forward to saying hello to our dog each morning. Free breakfast buffet every morning including make your own waffles and eggs and sausage, and even fresh-cooked hot oatmeal instead of packets of instant. Also there were the usual cold cereals, pastries, fruit, etc. Four minor quibbles, none of which will prevent us from returning on our next trip to Tampa - (1) when arriving at the hotel from Bruce B. Downs Boulevard they need some better signage since the hotel is a bit farther down the access road than you might think, (2) it would have been nice if the in-room fridge had a freezer compartment, (3) no bread at the breakfast buffet, only english muffins and bagels, (4) no variety on the eggs, just plain scrambled eggs every day (compare with some Hampton Inns we've visited). Again, these were minor and this hotel is highly recommended as well as being a good value to boot!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family