SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms
Ranked #29 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We can't speak more highly of this place. We checked out of a horrible "resort" on St. Pete Beach and found this, hoping to visit Busch Gardens. This was a welcome oasis of calm and luxury after traveling through sever weather. It is WORTH the trouble to find this gem. The lobby is beautifully decorated, modern, new and amazing. Our room was spacious and the whole family slept comfortably. The coffee and breakfast in the morning satisfied all...it was all a resort should be. The pool looked beautiful, but we arrived in a storm and left without visiting. Since we never made it to Busch Gardens, we will return!

Room Tip: Don't hesitate a moment -- stay here!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Green Cv Spgs, FL
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Very nice hotel if you are staying right off the highway and getting right back on the highway to finish a trip. If you are staying in Tampa for fun it's a little out of the way. Very nice hotel, service was wonderful, room was very nice other than our bathroom door didn't shut all the way (sliding glass door) not a whole lot of privacy! Plus the bathroom is right in front of the beds less than a foot away not around the corner like most hotel rooms. Beds were very comfortable!!!! Very quiet hotel, breakfast included with room good too!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank leslie82
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed here for just one night, It was in the locality to a wedding I was attending. I was very impressed with the open plan nature of the reception and foyer. The front desk staff were helpful, and courteous. The room we had was large, clean and modern. It was set up I'd say primarily as a business hotel room. but was quite adequate for our needs.
The pool area at the rear of the hotel was excellent and again very clean.
I've never had any major problems with Marriott hotels, they all hold a similarly high standard of operation and this was no exception.
My only real issue was that is's a bit out of the way, and it took a while to find it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Thank you for your comments! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back and visit soon!
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2011

This Springhill Suites is tucked away in a more residential area and worth traveling five minutes from the highway. I have stayed here at least a dozen times over the past 8 months for business trips. The hotel is new, clean, bright and cheery. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are quiet.

After a long day of travels and business, I would arrive in the early evening and my favorite room was waiting for me as I was greeted with a friendly smile and a big "Welcome Back!"

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank workinggrrl
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Thank you for your review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay! We work very hard to make our guests feel at home, and are very glad that we have been able to do this for you!
Arab, Alabama
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Great Hotel, in an upcoming location. The Staff at this hotel went far above and beyond what would be expected to make sure that my family had all that we needed. My 6 year old got very sick while on our trip, and the staff made sure that we had everything that we needed to make things as good as it could be. I can't say enough good things about this staff. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review! We love to hear about it when a guest enjoys their stay with us! We hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stayed here for two weeks following my mother's surgery at a local hospital. We found all of the staff to be very accommodating, even allowing us to change rooms for more accessibility. We were able to go to the employees for advice about things to do in the area. They were all very nice and went the extra mile to talk with my mother during the long stay. The hotel decor is beautiful, reminded us of "I dream of Jennie." We enjoyed using the exercise room and the computer/business area. Only thing to fix would be the pool; it appeared to be in need of chemical balancing (however, it was winter and no one was even thinking of a swim in 50-60 degree weather). I would also suggest the dogs staying in the hotel not be allowed through the front doors/lobby area. As someone who suffers from severe allergies to dogs, I was a little uncomfortable with the dogs passing through, especially during the breakfast hours. (Yummy waffles by the way) Hotel was very clean and quiet. Very convienient location, movie theatre and shopping close by. Lots of restaurants in the area. Not too far from MOSI or Bush Gardens. Didn't even take too long to get to the downtown area, being so close to I75. Planning to return soon and will be making reservations at the Springhill Suites. p.s. very comfy beds too (even the pull out couches).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are all very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoyed having you and your family here as well, and we hope everything is going well with your mother, thank you again!
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We liked the room design: two comfortable queen sized beds and a separate seating area with a sectional sofa. There is a separate room with sink and toilet and another room with shower/tub and sink. The hotel is new, quiet and very clean. It is well maintained and the employees were friendly. There is an outdoor pool, but it was not functional in winter weather (water not heated). There is also a business center with free internet access. Our room had microwave and small fridge. The only minor service disconnect was during breakfast. For example, they serve waffles, but often there was no syrup. They serve dry cereal but sometimes there was no milk. The hotel can be difficult to locate but once you figure your way around the temporary contruction it is close to I-75 and the University of S. Florida campus. It is about 70 minutes from Disney Resorts and 30 minutes from downtown Tampa. Probably just over an hour from Clearwater Beach. Other than included breakfast, there is no dining facility at the hotel but there are many dining and shopping options nearby on Bruce B. Downs Blvd.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank PKPOWELL
shstampa, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you for your review! We are all very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to visit soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Wesley Chapel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa North - Wesley Chapel

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!