“Excellent value hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
keyingham
“Excellent value hotel”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with the intention of using it as a base for nearby Tampa attraction it is good base for the hard rock casino . The receptionist was extremely pleasant and very informative and helpful. The rooms are a very good size with all the amenities you need. The bed was large and very comfortable there was seating area including a settee a fridge and microwave. Free wifi, free parking and a buffet breakfast with a wide selection to suit most requirements. The casino was 5 mins away in a cab or you can use the free shuttle available on the hour. All in all a very good hotel I would recommend it as a good base for visiting attractions in the area . Excellent staff and very clean and tidy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steerpike01
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you so much taking time to fill out the survey and for your kind words. We are glad to here that you chosen our location for your traveling needs. Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your vacation plans look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Great Neck, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2013

What a relief to come to a hotel that is FRIENDLY and COURTEOUS to its guests.
From the moment I was greeted by Jahaira with a smile and a WELCOME... I knew I was headed for a relaxing, fun weekend. My purpose was an 80th Birthday Party at the Casino! Coming back from the smoke filled casino to a smoke-free and clean hotel was a true pleasure. The rooms, the lobby are decorated beautifully with comfortable tones and artistic furnishings. The heated pool was a nice start to my mornings along with a scrumptious breakfast with hot waffles, eggs, bacon and many cold choices as well. I must compliment the staff for a very accommodating stay for myself and other family members who stayed. Thanks!! See you soon again.

Room Tip: Face the pool on a higher floor at the end of the hall. Quiet with a view.
Green Features: No heavy industrial cleaning odors present. Green local plantings all around.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cindy Z,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey and for the kind words. We are very happy to hear that your family and friends had a wonderful stay at our hotel during your birthday party. Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your party plans, we look forward to seeing you again.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We wanted to stay at this property because during our stay in Tampa we planned to visit the Hard Rock Casino, and the hotel offered a free shuttle. The casino tends to be very busy on Sat. nights and we knew parking could be an issue. The lobby was large and nicely decorated. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We were surpised at how large our king room was. The entire hotel was well-maintained and the rooms clean and up-to-date. The breakfast was good and the only negative thing was the person in charge could not keep up with the demand on the Sunday morning we ate breakfast there. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the highway. We heard no street noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to your next visit soon!
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I always enjoy staying at this hotel. It is very clean and comfortable and the front desk is very friendly. The rooms are very spacious and very comfortable. I was able to get my money's worth plus more. I definitely will stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank Lantz H
Greenfield, IN
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am writing this review sitting here at the hotel. It is very clean and comfortable. Even though my stay is not over it has been wonderful so far. Front desk very friendly. I laid on the bed for a little while and seemed very comfortable. Would highly recommend. The reviews were right. I love Trip Advisor, it never lets me down and is exactly what others have described. We are doing the snooze and cruise rate and will stay here again if we take another cruise out of Tampa.

Room Tip: WE are on the third floor in room 303. Great room. Nice and quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much taking time to fill out the survey and for your kind words. Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of the Snooze and Cruise Package. We do hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Bear, Delaware
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the Snooze & Cruise package they offered and the outstanding reviews they received on TA. I immediately feel in love with the decor and the staff was helpful and very friendly. The room was beautiful. We were only staying one night before we left on our cruise. The hotel has a shuttle that took us to the Hard Rock Casino and picked us up promptly. The next day we were allowed to park our car onsite until our return. After the included breakfast, the shuttle dropped us off at the terminal. We had a lot of bags, yet the driver was happy to assist us. Upon our return, I called the hotel while in the customs line and was met within 15 minutes of getting to the pick up location. We have been singing their praises and will definitely stay again!

* I booked online using my AAA discount and my rate was increased on my check out summary. When I inquired they said it was increase to the package rate. I didn't mind because it was a good deal but would have liked that information at check in not check out. If you want the Snooze & Cruise package, and you book online, call the hotel to verify the rate.

1 Thank quencess
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you so much taking time to fill out the survey and for your kind words. Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of the Snooze and Cruise Package. Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your vacation plans look forward to seeing you again.
Melrose, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Room spacious, clean and nicely decorated. We stayed one night and would definetly stay here again. I reviewed several hotels before deciding on this one. We have stayed in other hotels that were considerably more money and not as nice as this one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple