“One night before our cruise...wish we could of stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino

Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
Ranked #3 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“One night before our cruise...wish we could of stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night and had a great time! The staff was very friendly when we first arrived. William helped us with finding dinner for the evening with several suggestions that were only a few miles away or that would deliver. The room was AMAZING!! I really enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. It was very clean and smoke free! Maria gave us a ride to pick up some last minute things before leaving for our cruise! Next time we are in Tampa we will definitely be back to this hotel and recommend any of our family or friends that are going to be traveling to Tampa to stay here as well.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are well worth it if you plan on using them. There is a half wall that seperates...
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Husband and I went on whirlwind trip thru Florida and stayed at both upscale hotels in downtown areas as well as several Comfort Suites in different cities. This was the most comfortable and clean property we stayed at during our vacation. It's very clean, the bed was really comfortable, bathroom was clean, staff is super friendly, breakfast was good. We had a unit with whirlpool tub and the room was really spacious on ground floor -- tub was super clean and worked perfectly. We will definitely add this to our favorites list and return often!

sherrills ford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Beautiful hotel and friendly staff. I originally booked for 2 nights, extended 1 then extended for 3 more nights since it was convenient to everywhere I needed to go. The rooms are beautifully decorated (not like the pic on the Choice website) with great deep tone colors. Rooms was clean with plenty of room. The desk in the room had a roll out desk under as well and came in quite handy for me as I had lots of work to spread out along with a printed. Lobby was very updated and breakfast area nice with good choices. I didn't use the shuttle but met the driver going in and out a few times and he was friendly. My only negative would be the bathroom fan runs all the time, I really like the option of two switches so I can turn it off but I guess with all the humidity in the area it's really needed. I would highly recommend !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lady Lake, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This property is located very close to Hard Rock Casino. It is clean and the staff is friendly. I wish they had a spa and a few more pieces of exercise equipment but for just an overnight stay it is perfect. The breakfast area is well maintained and the food is good. Since my husband and I travel a lot I build up points as a choice hotel elite customer. When I checked in the front desk clerk acknowledged Me as an elite customer and handed me a mini bag of chips. I said thank you but after thinking about it, wouldn't it seem proper to give a bag of chips to each guest in the room??? It was just my husband and myself. That just seems cheap. Rather give nothing and say thank you for your business. But we will definitely stay at this Comfort Suites again.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. But he ones far away from the elevators are the quietest.
Green Features: It is a smoke-free property. This is great!!!Aside from that I don't know too much about their environmentally friendly practices
1 Thank lakesandi
Palm Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I booked rooms for 2 nights in July 2013 so that my hubby and I could take my parents to the Hardrock Casino while they were on vacation. The rooms were spacious, the property was beautifully decorated and we all loved it. There is a shuttle bus that takes you to and from the Casino and it is across from the Fairgrounds. Hubby and I plan on staying here again this coming Sunday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Comfort Suites is a great property to stay at when visiting the Hard Rock. They have a good breakfast spread in the morning and a shuttle that takes you back and forth to the casino. The Rooms are big and well maintained.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They know all the restaurants at the Hard Rock and we're able to point us in the right direction for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: The rooms with a spa tub are not worth the extra money.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingRomantics
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Suites last weekend to attend a concert at the Florida Amphitheater. There is no beating this location if you are going to a concert there. The fairgrounds are directly across the street and it's an easy walk through the grounds to and from the amphitheater gates. After the show, being able to stroll back to the hotel while 10,000 people try to get their cars out of the parking lot is just about priceless.

The front desk staff was friendly, although they seemed to be struggling to be efficient--trouble with finding reservations, making key cards, etc. The room itself was very spacious and it was clean--but it reeked of cigarette smoke even though this is a nonsmoking hotel. Breakfast was bare bones continental, and the server there was unfriendly and rushing customers, but I guess that's what comes of offering a business-traveler's breakfast hour (ends at 9) to a bunch of folks who are in town to see a late-night concert. The hotel should consider extending breakfast an hour!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again the next time we attend a concert at the amphitheater--the convenience definitely outweighs any shortcomings.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple