Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
$155
$132
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$135
$99
$87
SailportSuites.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

$118
$109
$149
$140
$127
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

$129
1,229 results
All reviewsthe hard rock casinofree shuttle to the casinofront deskfair groundsbusch gardenschoice hotelstampa areagreat place to stayrecommend this hotelfree breakfastthe shuttle driverbreakfast staffexcellent staybusiness centerclean roomshot breakfastshort drive
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were only in town for one night after spending the day at Busch Gardens. Hector(?) at check in was very friendly and informative. He explained the casino shuttle which we made quick use of. Our room was nice and clean and we enjoyed the colorful decor. In the morning we had the free breakfast which was great-even included eggs, sausage, waffles,...what a great variety. I am not familiar with this area so I am not sure if it is in an ideal location but we had a GPS and found everything we wanted to do no problem. I would say Busch Gardens was about a 10 minute drive. We did have some strange plumbing issues as others have mentioned but nothing that affected our stay. Beds were very comfy too-would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you 'Cristy K' for taking the time to write a great review of your recent stay!
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our amenities and services. We apologize for any plumbing issues you might have had during your stay. All plumbing issues have been resolved so we can assure you that you will not have these problems again.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again when you’re visiting the Tampa Bay area.
See you soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds Casino and I have nothing but great things to say. It is everything you hope to see in your "home away from home": friendly staff, well lit parking lot, just off the highway, very clean guest room and bathroom, fitness center, business center and it looks so modern! Angela White was the front desk agent when I checked in and checked out. She went out of her way to help me with my meeting space and to ensure I had nothing but an excellent stay. She always had a smile even though I had to request more seats for the meeting space.

I dont say this very often, but I highly recommend this hotel! It is an award winning property for a reason.

Room Tip: You cant go wrong with any of the rooms. Amazing and cean.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you 'Chris L' for this wonderful review of your recent stay!
We are very pleased to hear that you see us as your "home away from home!'
Our staff here at the Comfort Suites appreciates your feedback and works hard to keep each and every guest satisfied, we will be sure to share your kind words with them!
We appreciate your business and we look forward to accommodating you on your next exciting visit to the Tampa Bay area! See you soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

If it wasn't for the problem we had and the way staff addressed it, then we would have given a higher than average rating. The place is clean, there were plenty of accessories, pillows, etc., and the staff were courteous. This is a great place to stay if you are attending the amphitheatre or going to the casino. 10 min walk to the fairgrounds and 10 min drive to the casino.

We got to our room and unpacked. One of us noticed the toilet seat felt warm and actually got too warm when one was seated. Not knowing the cause and alarmed that this could be a safety hazard I called the front desk to inquire about it. They did not seem to know what we were talking about and asked if we wanted to move to another room. Well, we'd already unpacked and the problem seemed minor so the vote was no, but we'd like to be assured there was no safety hazard. They said they'd send someone to check it, but I knew as soon as they said it that no one would show up as they were just trying to appease me and I was correct about that. I did check the tub and the water worked fine (or so I thought).

We were not in the room much, but realized afterwards that the toilet was filling up with hot water instead of cold. You didn't want to sit there for very long unless you first allowed some time for the last flush to cool down. The water was so hot that the steam condensed on the open lid. It was when we returned to the room about 2am that we realized the problem was a big one. Turns out the water in the tub and in the sink would go from very hot to cold and back to hot all by itself; only one of us dared to take that on. On checkout, staff were notified of all this.

We paid $155 for this room and no discount was offered for our troubles. Yes, yes, yes, I know we could have repacked and moved to another room, and it was our choice to stay, but Really! So beware of Room 314 (or anything nearby for that matter), unless of course, you would like the ultimate experience in toilet seat warmth.

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 314 until the water problem is fixed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gator0
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you ‘Gator0’ for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the hot water issue you experienced in the room. Your feedback is very important to us and I will address this issue with our Chief Engineer so he can find and fix the problem.

Our number one priority is to assure that our guest have a great experience while staying with us. While reading your review, it appears that you were offered to switch rooms so you wouldn’t have to deal with this problem all night. Our staff did follow procedures as instructed when issues like these occur.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly (813) 868-7770, I would be very happy to speak with you further in regards to the aspects of your stay.

Jeff Morgan

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Comfort Suites Hotel. The rooms were very neat and clean, and the staff were very professional and friendly. The pool area was very serene and I truly enjoyed the outdoors. A hot breakfast was served each day along with various other breakfast items. The overall ambience was very good. Even room service and outside delivery was done very quickly. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to the Tampa area visiting the Hard Rock casino. The hotel even offers a free shuttle to and from the casino as well. It is definitely a good hotel and the casino is just a mile away. The hotel is also immediately across the way from the Tampa fairgrounds. I would stay here again on my next visit to the Tampa area and highly recommend it to anyone visiting that location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brenda L
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you 'Brenda L' for taking the time to write this amazing review of your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your feedback to see how we're doing and it seems that we're doing an excellent job. We strive to offer the best service possible from our suites to the free shuttle to the Hard Rock casino nearby.
It is great to here that you enjoyed all of our amenities we provide to our guest.
The staff of the Comfort Suites will like to thank you and we hope to see you on your next trip to the Tampa Bay area. See you soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This trip was made much better due to the care and concern of the staff on the front desk at my checkin. Due to my mistake, I booked the wrong Address and wanted to change. The curtious person Jahaira helped me greatly to make this happen and I was very Thankful.
This property is a great place to stay and has a wonderful staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you 'Terry J' for writing this wonderful review of your recent experience at our hotel. It is great to hear that our staff is providing great customer service that will make any stay worry free!
We strive to provide the best service possible from the moment you check in until you leave.
The staff of the Comfort Suites will like to thank you and we hope to see you again when visiting the Tampa Bay area! See you soon!