“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Guyton, Georgia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We Had a wonderful stay. Hotel staff was very helpful with one problem we had and addressed issue right away. We had two rooms which I had asked for adjoining rooms on my reservation considering we were traveling with my children, when we checked i I was told this was not available. Glad I have teenagers. Otherwise all was fine. We stayed three nights while visiting family and enjoying Bush Gardens. Only minutes from my mother so she was very happy also. Will be our hotel of choice when visiting.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you 'carylyn77' for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you "Had a wonderful stay!"
The staff, here at the Comfort Suites, is here to help immediately when a problem occurs. We do apologize about being unable to get you into adjoining rooms. But we try to accommodate our guest as best as possible, or in your case, get you a couple rooms as close as possible.
We appreciate your feedback on your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future when visiting family or Busch Gardens. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here for 9 days for a business trip recently with a large number of my colleagues. Don't know the rate paid, but I suspect it was quite low, and so probably for value this hotel is not bad. There is a free breakfast, but don't expect Embassy Suites quality- think EggMcMuffin style egg patties, some bacon or Sausage McMuffin patties, a do-it-yourself waffle machine, and some fruit and bread options with a toaster. Sort of a no-frills but not just a continental breakfast kind of thing. Wifi was so slow at times when people were using it it was essentially useless. Only time I had any luck with it was early in the AM or late at night. Watching a video (8:00 video for work) took over 30 minutes to load. My major issue was that, but also the gym. The gym has one weight machine, and the pin is missing from the weight stack on the right side, so the machine is basically useless. Also, on the first day I was there, the elliptical was unplugged and so didn't work. That meant that 2 of the 4 things in the weight room weren't able to be used. During a rainstorm, water was pouring into the gym, so it was closed, but the next day water was still leaking out from below the weight machine when I went in in the late morning. Also, all week tiny ants were crawling around the ground- not exactly what you when you're down there doing pushups. Lastly, during checkout, received late checkout but found every single one of my colleagues who got this had their keys de-activated anyway. Also, one of my colleagues who did get late checkout walked into his room during this late checkout time to find the maid sorting through his belongings and throwing them in the garbage. Clearly, she didn't get the message.

I don't think any of this is nitpicking, but if you're just staying here for a night at the casino, most of it won't be relevant to you. I had to live in the hotel for over a week, so I got to see much more than most travelers. Overall, the hotel seemed clean, the maids did a good job, and it was an average if unspectacular hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ptgt20
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you ptgt20 for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Good or bad we are always happy to learn from our guests on ways to improve our services. We appreciate your comparison to the Embassy Suites and you are correct that we are different hotels.

I am sincerely sorry to hear about the challenges with our fitness center. We do maintain our fitness center daily and have staff here 24 hours to assist in any way -whether it be location of the weight pin or simply explaining the elliptical is self powered as you peddle.

We do our very best to accommodate our guests needs and take every precaution for safety during severe weather such as the effects of Hurricane Isaac. However, we do not have control over the weather and power outages caused by heavy winds and rains as we experienced. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly, I would be very happy to speak with you further in regards to the aspects of your stay.

Jeff Morgan
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was recommended to us when we had to switch locations. Among Conmfort Suites,it's one of the best. The property has a very new feel to it and the amenities are well arranged and well thought out. Spotless rooms, great decor everywhere. Manager Hector was a great help with our special requests. The hotel is 13 miles from the airport, but close enough to the freeway that it was quick to get to.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you 'J h' for this great review. We are proud to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in Tampa.
Our hotel is just over 2 years old so we it keep it in tip-top shape so all of our guest can experience the fresh "new" feeling stay after stay. And with our hotel centrally located, our staff will help you will find a quick and easy route to your destination by hopping on one of the many main highways in Tampa.
Again, thank you and we hope to see you again when visiting the Tampa Bay area!
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I spent one night here just a few days ago and I slept on a pull out bed and it was very uncomfortable. It hurt my back all night, and I could not sleep. I was also very itchy in this bed. The rest of my family slept fine for the night. The bathrooms seemed a little dirty as well. Overall it was just okay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you 'restaurantreviwer' for your response and feedback in regards to your most recent stay. We are saddened to hear about your bad experience with our sleeper sofa.
We take all comments serious and will forward yours to the appropriate departments.
We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the near future on a much better note.
See you soon!
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family and I were very happy at this hotel. The rooms were clean and the beds super comfortable. More importantly, the service and friendliness of the staff - excellent. Even when I thought we were being a bother we were NOT made to feel that way. They were always polite, courteous and helpful. Breakfast was good. We stayed on a package deal with Busch Gardens/Adventure Island tickets and on the last day we checked out, they stored our luggage and allowed us to use the shuttle free of cost. The service was simply excellent and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you 'Shelly-Ann O' for sharing your experience. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Busch Gardens Tampa.
We strive to provide the best service and this shows that we're doing just that. And with the Busch Gardens package, you can take advantage of our complimentary shuttle over to the park!
We are so glad that we could serve you during your time in the Tampa area. We hope that you will allow us the honor again in the near future. See you soon!
Middleburg, South Africa
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Spent two nights at the property which is located within easy distance to the Seminole Hard Rock at a third of the cost. Hotel has hourly shuttle service to the casino which is a plus. A very good free breakfast buffet with waffles, eggs and bacon or sausage toast, english muffins, and bagels.

Room Tip: A car is needed to get to restruants if you want something beside eating in the casino.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you 'davestuf' for writing a review of your recent stay. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Hard Rock.
We do provide a shuttle that can take to and from the Hard Rock hourly and since we're only about a mile away, you'll get there in no time!
We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to accommodating you on your next exciting visit to the Tampa Bay area. See you soon!!
live oak
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Thursday night. It was an awesome hotel. We loved it!!! The room was clean and had a modern feel to it. The colors are unique to the room. We had king room with a sleeper sofa and handicap facilities (although we are not handicap). It was roomy and the breakfast was good. It had the usual of muffins, bagels and waffles. Even had eggs and bacon. The staff was was nice. We will definitely stay there again. It offers shuttle service to the Casino every 15-20 minutes. The pool area was very clean too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesTampa, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you 'jkw511' for writing this great review of your recent stay! We are very pleased to read that you "loved" our hotel! Reviews like yours, is what makes us stay on top of our game and provide the best service possible!
Since we are an all suites property, all of guest rooms are spacious! And we serve a complimentary hot deluxe breakfast to our entire guest!
The staff of the Comfort Suites wants to thank you and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Tampa Bay area!
See you soon!