“Always No Problems”

Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I had stayed here twice before, with my senior mother. Stayed in handicap room so plenty of room for anyone who has a walker/wheelchair. Always clean and staff was friendly as usual.

I just happen to forget to let staff know that the chair/bench for the tub, which is used for anyone having trouble bathing, had trouble staying latched against the wall while I took a bath. Almost hit my head.

Other than that, great stay

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review for our brand new hotel. I am very glad that your time in the Tampa area was enjoyable. It was a pleasure to be able to serve you and I hope that we will be able to be of service to you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino

994 - 1,000 of 1,114 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2011

Great new hotel! The staff was wonderful and the rooms were superb. Great pool and the free breakfast really topped off a great first stop on our family vacation.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 7, 2011

First, I consider myself a frequent traveler and have stayed in many hotels but none have compared to my experience at this Comfort Suites (even compared to other Comfort Suites) the value, location, overall comfort and decor was superb and the staff was very professional and accommodating. A special shout out goes to our driver Eric for running us around and getting us back safely, thanks...until next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We found the Comfort Suites Tampa-Casino to be so nice, especially considering the price. We got an amazingly low price for the night and were highly impressed by the high quality. The free breakfast in the morning was delicious, especially the homemade waffles. Angela at the front desk was very helpful and friendly, as was the shuttle service person. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel from your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are very happy that we met you expectations. We hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

We called at the last minute to get a room on a Saturday night. Angela was wonderful to work with over the phone, she answered every question in a kind and patient manner and was just as nice when we arrived. The hotel is beautiful and you can tell the staff takes pride in "their" hotel. The rooms are everything you could ask for...clean, beautifully decorated,spacious and comfortable. Eric was a great shuttle driver (one of his many duties that he does with a great attitude btw). Breakfast was a nice addition. We wanted to stay longer! Next time we're in Tampa this is where we'll be :)

Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in March 2011. We wanted to be close to Busch Gardens and it is a 10 minute drive at the most. Although there is a Comfort Suites even closer I liked the look of this place better and it got great reviews.

The hotel is newer and has a real boutique feel, in a budget kind of way.

Our room had two double beds, a mini fridge and a flat screen tv. It also had a separate small living area with a desk and a pull-out couch that was actually more comfortable than most. The decor was very pleasant. We were on the first floor so we had to keep our curtains closed the entire time which made the room too dark.

There was free wifi and free parking which is always a big plus.

The kids had fun in the outdoor pool. The patio furniture was comfortable.

Service provided to us was fine.

Breakfast was your standard free hotel breakfast. Nothing special but the breakfast area was spacious and clean.

Overall we were quite pleased with the hotel and would stay here again.

There is a Five Guys Burgers and Fries around the corner. We weren't impressed with it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesTampa, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2011

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Stayed at the hotel and got woken up by front desk at 11:45 saying someone complained about our room being to loud...which was impossible since my husband and I were sleeping since 10 that evening. Instead of hotel checking first and doing some research they called our room and woke us up and were very rude about it...could not believe I did not even get an apology from the person that called.
Plus the A/C units are insanely loud and also the pillows on bed are so uncomfortable...I will not be staying at this inn again just due to the fact that nothing was done for our being woken up...

Room Tip: Stay next door at the La Quinta
2  Thank parismom13

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I hope everything else besides the phone call met to your satisfaction I certainly appreciate your feedback and have addressed the staff of this situation. We sincerely apologize and hope we can still have you as our guest soon.